OATW Match Play - 2024 Edition - Rules post 1864 and in the spreadsheet

This and

This are so much fun to read since they were the exact reasons why I wanted to try and make this happen this year. I’m so glad you had a good time!

5 Likes

I spoke with @WellingtonGolf yesterday, but I unfortunately need to WD from our match. No, this isn’t a Jason Day situation, I’m actually injured. Separated AC joint and fracture to the shoulder makes this an early exit for ya boy.

Good luck to all moving forward!

9 Likes

Ooooof that’s rough. Sorry to hear that!

This sets up @WellingtonGolf and @BoomBaby812 as the first confirmed round of 16 match.

4 Likes

6 Likes

We are going to need x-rays to confirm this isn’t fraud. Can we trust @WellingtonGolf ?

4 Likes

@McDickey and I squared off yesterday afternoon for our match at Elks Run, a course on the East side of Cincinnati proudly designed by the face of LIV Golf. I eventually walked away with a 4&3 victory, but the highlight of the day was our 14th hole (Hole 5 since we started on the back 9).

Being dormie at 5 down with 5 to play, McDickey hit a wood into the green for his approach, which we both saw splash in the front greenside bunker. I hit a poor approach to the very front of the green which had a pin in the very back. When we drove up, we saw there was no ball in the bunker but an extra ball about 4’ behind the pin. We thought it must have been a stray ball but sure enough it was McDickey’s, as the ball must have bounced through the sand and cozied right up behind the pin. I, thinking my putt was more of a formality at this point since McDickey was popping and was in tight for his gross Birdie, attempted to lag it close from 60+ feet away… except the ball kept tracking and tracking and finally dropped in perfectly for my own birdie. McDickey, under pressure but not to be outdone, made his birdie putt as well for a net Eagle to win the hole, and we continued to the 15th where the match would eventually be decided. It was a great day with great company, and I look forward to teeing it up again with McDickey very soon.

6 Likes

Many are saying that I orchestrated this injury and all I can say is that while Rob’s injury is in the shape of a Taylor Made M3, and I have a flimsy alibi, that…um…I can’t remember where I was going with this…anyway, I’m sure @BoomBaby812 will sleep well between now and our match :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Possible Nancy Kerrigan/ Tonya Harding situation here? Who can say?

7 Likes

Had I not already been sweating from the heat of a typical Ohio (checks notes) spring day, I would have been sweating over that putt. It was really great to watch that drop.

My HC strokes could only carry me so far in this event and when I forget how to strike a ball properly for 6-7 holes, @tmck14 just points to a position and his ball goes there. Really relaxed round yesterday and great playing with Tad. Look forward to playing again soon.

3 Likes

Have Room for 1 more at 8:57 at Split Rock on Saturday to watch a match between @metzbuck33. First come first serve.

3 Likes

Couldn’t get it going when I needed to yesterday at Sycamore Springs and fell 6&5 to @UncleDrew. I think we were both happy to squeeze in the match before the rain hit. Good luck to everyone moving forward.

3 Likes

Anyone have any matches scheduled this weekend? Weather looks like its cooperating.

4 Likes

I took down @Tigerific90 today 2up. One birdie made between both of us for the entire match (I made on after match was complete) and no hole was won with a bogey. No strokes on the card so it was a fun good round of golf.

Refuge golf is undefeated.

8 Likes

I beat @metzbuck33 4&2 today at split rock golf club. A great round but the handicap system seemed to be in my favor as I got 9 shots. Dan birdied the hardest hole but I started paring the course to death starting on hole 13 which turned out to be the difference. Always a fun time with Dan and his son Reed, who played the best out of the group.

5 Likes

Great to see The Rock getting some run in these parts!

3 Likes

Such great bones and potential. Could call it the Jamarcus Russell of golf courses in central Ohio

3 Likes

On Friday I picked up a win against @Buck 2&1 at Kirtland cc. Thanks again to our host @Brick and to @Gobrownies09 for rounding out our group

4 Likes

@Palestracheco2 and I were able to squeeze our match in at scarlet. A 39 on the back helped me win the match on the last hole.
@Palestracheco2 is a player - all 9 strokes were needed for me. Appreciate you guiding me around scarlet for the first time. Really enjoyed the course and hope to play there again soon.

4 Likes

When are the next round of matches due to be completed?

2 Likes

The 19th.

2 Likes