NRNN: Nandy's Refuge News Network

@ThePowerFade: "600 posts behind, so confused. Lost the thread, I’ll wait for the nandy summary at the end of the week.

Greetings, and welcome to an everyday edition of the NRNN - the “What’s going on in the Refuge?” thread, for those who “can’t” or “won’t” keep up.

Sponsored by Miura.

46 Likes

We will most likely need a summary of the summary thread as well when it goes to hell

18 Likes

Hello Refuge, Nandy here. Breaking News for Tuesday, November 5th - there is an event scheduled for May 2, 2020 in Detroit. Rumors are flying around for the name… “The Detroit Doo-wop: Jbors and Laz Dance for Max”… “The Motown Showdown at the Terrordome”… “Duel in Detroit for the Max-a-Million Dollar Boy”… well, we don’t know what it is, folks! But we do know that it will be benefiting @tchap80’s lovely son.

What’s that? It’s 1980s PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING taking over the thread! And even all of the avatars! Who is who anymore? Is it lost? Who knows, it’s the Refuge - it’ll be back. Or not.

15 Likes

I had been toying around with the idea of developing a discourse plugin that would allow for summary/table of contents for long topics.

Users of a certain standing could create it on topics of a certain length. It would be at the top of the topic under the frequent posters section, and somehow it would impact the UI of the topic timeline/scrollbar to make it easier to jump to certain topics or see if you are in a summarized section. I’ll see what I can come up with this weekend, but imagine it would have to be well tested before it gets installed on the refuge.

2 Likes

An excuse for nandy to be on the refgue even more to write pseudo journalism covering the refuge. Brilliant

29 Likes

Webster’s dictionary defined News as…

@nandersen has all the free time because New england is currently in a frost delay for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

You guys know about this button right?

6 Likes

6 Likes

Have you ever found this to be a good summary of a topic?
I have tried it a few times but I am not sure what it pulls and how it decides what to include and not include. Results have been mixed. Wondering if it always chooses the same posts for everyone every time it is clicked?

I prefer the Nandy plug-in

6 Likes

Mmmm yes. A The Fried Egg-esque newsletter that posts whats going on in the golf message board world instead of the actual real world golf world. We’re getting to the center of the maze now.

9 Likes

Works great. Use it a lot. Saves me hours of sifting through Nancy’s spam.

4 Likes

The Refuge has become so big, that @nandersen can now create a vertical of sharing news of whats happening on the Refuge, a/la those stupid YouTube news videos of all the drama going on between the stupid YouTube content creators.

insert Neil “That’s Wild, Man” .gif

Oh, hell yes - my body is ready

REFUGE SECRET SANTA ANNOUNCED! SIGN-UP DEADLINE DECEMBER 4.

1 Like

Mid-afternoon updates:

Wrestlers yelling about conspiracies. 9/11? Flat earth? OJ Simpson? Here’s your place for it.

A window into our beloved DJ Pie:

1 Like

@nandersen Need a recap on last 200 posts in the NLU Doxxing/Old Photo Thread

This… this needs no summary. This needs to be seen by everyone. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and every post is a picture.

edit: and some videos too.

Bump on the previous post.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Please, sign up for your regional chapter of RACDG. These local groups are the boots-on-the-ground livelihood of the Refuge!

Related:

National Event Calendar coming soon:

5 Likes

How have I never seen NRNN thread before. Wtf. I’ve been living under a rock.

Edit: oh it’s new.

Edit again: this may be the only thread I ever tune into. Sweet mother of Mary.

3 Likes