NLU Sweet 16 Tournament - Vegas: Cancelled (will host this in future year)

Circa is a facelift. Was built in the 60’s as the The Fitzgerald. FYI

No. That’s the D.

You’re right. This was the Las Vegas Club. Forgot about that one.

It’s the site of the Las Vegas Club, but they knocked it down. Circa is new construction.

4 Likes

We’re staying at the D. I’m excited to spend a weekend of Fremont instead of the main strip this time around. Seems like it’s on the come up (again).

2 Likes

Anyone coming to town for this might want to add a round on Friday or Sunday. The two places I recommend are Pauite and Boulder Creek. So much mediocre golf in Las Vegas, these courses always over-deliver. What I like most about them, is they aren’t part of a real estate development, there are no houses on these courses. They are most certainly in the desert but they don’t play like ‘desert golf.’

Pauite is about 25-30 minutes north of downtown Las Vegas. 54 hole facility with three Pete Dye courses. Best daily fee course in the area not named Shadow Creek. Always in great shape. $200ish
https://www.lvpaiutegolf.com

The other I highly recommend is about 30 minutes east of downtown Las Vegas. A true muni close to Boulder City, three 9 hole options, always in great shape and always a steady breeze to negotiate that time of year. $120ish for non-locals
https://www.bouldercreekgc.com/boulder-creek/

(should rent a car, can uber to either of these courses but getting back could be an issue)

Lastly, I live in Las Vegas. I have been in hospitality forever. I’m very tied into the restaurant and nightlife scene in Vegas, I recently sold my bar and I’m helping launch a rum brand. If anyone needs any help with nightlife, or dinner reservations, or even cheap eat recommendations, don’t hesitate to reach out, DM me anytime

5 Likes

Back from vacation - thanks for releasing this one EG!

Stoked to get to Vegas for then first time. Plenty of CBB and Dell Match Play to watch that Friday.

9 Likes

Any insight on which courses are the most walk able in the area?

Both courses I mentioned are great for walking because their layouts aren’t fit into a real estate development. Boulder creek definitely allows walking. You have to check with Paiute. They might only allow it for tournaments. Both courses at Angel Park are good if you want to add A round. LVCC is great walk if you can get on. (Private) Other than that there aren’t a lot of courses that are built for walking. The newer courses have lots of elevation changes and the tees are very far apart. Nothing else comes to mind worth the walk.

1 Like

Huge day at Angel Park.

7 Likes

Limited flight at that. My first 7I warmup swing after a MN winter of dormancy might go 50 yards if I’m lucky.

3 Likes

Bummed to do this, but scrapping the Vegas event. Those who signed up are already aware and being refunded, but posting here for those who were considering. Just a lot of factors in play. Poor rollout/comms on my end due to vacation + short turnaround time, tough weekend for a lot of people, proximity in date to other western US refuge events, and a couple things popping up on our schedule that are limiting the kind of attendance I’d like to see among the NLU crew, a lot of moving parts on my end in Q1 with Bandon and St Andrews logistics, etc. Before we widely messaged it and really get the word out about beyond the refuge I just feel more comfortable if we redouble our efforts on a few other events we’re planning and focus our energies on those, Q1 content projects, and supporting the local events in the first half of the year.

We’ll have full event calendar out in the next couple weeks with major events and local events that are already planned (and it will keep growing as the year goes along) + will make sure we get everything messaged earlier as we head into '23. Good lesson as we grow and evolve!

TC

16 Likes

Truly just postponning it for the NLU Ladies Vegas Festivities

7 Likes

Let’s do it!

4 Likes

9 Likes

@JScore get your ass down here to Florida my gui!

3 Likes

Wow I had missed this thread and event. Thank you for canceling it for me so I don’t miss out. :heart:

1 Like

Just discovered this thread and will be monitoring the situation for next year :eyes:

1 Like