NLU ST ANDREWS INV. (Keep. DMK’s. Name. Out. Your Fu*kin Mouth!)

Okay, so which rain pants are best for eating Chicago deep-dish pizza?

1 Like

Ones with an elastic waistband

8 Likes

Hey @Tron the original Itinerary had us arriving on Sunday April 12th and departing on the morning of Saturday April 18th. Did you add a day at no additional charge or typo?
Thanks for the post. My bags have been packed for 8 months, I’m ready.

What, in holy fuck, are you on about?

1 Like

I ran this by my wife again and all she said was, “Take me with you”.

I don’t think she loves Scotland as much as she loves the thought of a week away from what would be a 6 yo and 1 1/2 yo at that point.

2 Likes

This, plus April in Scotland looks cold AF.

But I REALLY want to go.

Does she like long walks on the beach?
Gettin caught in the rain?
Carrying golf bags for one of your best friends?

1 Like

Was there (well, in the Highlands) the exact same week in 2019.

It’s not going to be warm. Early morning tee times won’t be the most comfortable. That being said, it will not be overrun with tourists (read: Americans) even if we’re allowed to travel.

1 Like

This plus Year of the Blade, what could go wrong??

2 Likes

I don’t post enough on any skiing podcast/YT channel forums to find someone that wants to teach me to ski backcountry and also doesn’t mind that my tent is a “fits 1+“ situation, so I’m just going to go do that with my girlfriend instead.

2 Likes

I can teach you how to ski backcounty, and I would have a free place for you to stay. Not joking, text me if you’re serious.

3 Likes

Cold April Scottish ocean winds and “new” 1980s blades in the bag? Are there any hand surgeons on this message board?

1 Like

I can teach you how to fall down the frontside moguls and get knee surgery, and I have a free place for you to stay. Not joking, hit me up on reddit if you’re serious.

6 Likes

It’s a lottery to be honest. Could be bloody miserable. But this year on the week it was supposed to happen the weather was outrageous all over the UK. Sunshine. No clouds. No wind. T-shirt weather by mid morning.

1 Like

Skiing moguls over the age of 25 is just a time bomb to a knee injury

4 Likes

Yep. I was there a week later in 2018, and the highs were in the 60s most of the time, it was shorts weather a couple of days, and we never saw it drop below 40s in the morning.

This lot likes to play in Cincinnati every October. Scotland in April is relatively tropical.

1 Like

Was a terrible snow year, we barely had any fresh snow in like 6 weeks. They were icy and bare. I’m an idiot.

Yes, but are you comfortable sharing his small tent with him?

1 Like

currently negotiating with the wife…

That’s my bad. Misread (there are some early arrivals on Saturday but main group arrival is Sunday). Mea culpas all over the place for me today!

1 Like