NLU Pro Shop (Part 1)

@Tron Um, if golf balls are worth $27/per…I’m going to need to add insurance to my goodie box shipping. God only knows what the tees are worth then!

1 Like

People collect all the different custom truvis balls. There are a few that are crazy rare.

1 Like

Perhaps a silouette of this on something?

8 Likes

@Tron / @MerchCzar / @Soly any plans to re-up on some of the items currently sold out (performance pullovers in certain sizes, select hats, some of the t-shirts) to be available for ordering for Christmas delivery? Looking into gifts but seeing a number of things unavailable and wondering if I should keep searching elsewhere or wait for a restock. Keep up the great work!

100% would buy!

Have some re-orders in place but nothing that will arrive prior to Christmas. Wish I had better news. Pullovers and sweatshirts have been flying.

I haven’t had the best of experiences with the pro shop as of late. A couple weeks ago I ordered a few things from the pro shop, one of them being a performance pullover. When I got the package, the pullover wasn’t in it. I sent them an email explaining what happened. They replied saying they refunded it and also gave me a discount. I’m thinking, “Okay sweet I can just reorder it with the discount code.” I reordered it along with a t-shirt. Last night the package arrived and it was only the t-shirt. I sent them another email and got a refund and an “I’m sorry.” One mistake is completely understandable, but I’m pretty dang annoyed that the exact same thing happened twice.

Sometimes, multiple item orders (particularly clothing) come from different distribution locations and arrive separately. Did you get more than one shipping confirmation by chance?

2 Likes

No sir, just one confirmation for each order.

I’m not sure how good the “goodie box” did in sales but I think you guys should create something like this in about three different variations for people. i.e. “NLU starter pack” and have the towel and a shirt in there, then a “woke” package that has the tees, towel and a shirt and then another one that is the “architect” package that has flag, tumbler, towel, shirt, and hat. But those are just examples. @MerchCzar @Tron understand where I’m going here.

5 Likes

Sorry to hear that about the pullover @Waldorf98 - I suspect you are in a small minority. I’ve had multiple orders fulfilled quickly and sent overseas uneventfully. Towel, balls, polo, hats, tees, other stuff. Website always indicative of stock availability too. I can happily say NLU pro shop is eons ahead of almost any other online retailer I’ve dealt with in the last year or two.

I’ve been waiting more than five months for a simple tee shirt order from swing juice. They’ve been dishonest, non communicative, and avoided a refund - utterly disgraceful. Several others I could name have been slow, don’t offer overseas shipping, don’t communicate that well, and generally nowhere near as good as NLU.

2 Likes

We ordered enough for 200 of them and hoped to sell most of them by 12/20. Sold out early this week instead. This was definitely a test-run for doing more stuff like this in the future - stay tuned and thanks for the positive feedback! TC

2 Likes

Dyson,

Couple things:

1. We’ve exchanged several emails the last week, and in each, I apologized for the poor experience and refunded you for both pullovers you didn’t receive. I wish the experience had been better.

2. It’s a bit misleading for you to say “‘They’ replied saying they refunded, and I’m sorry,” as if it’s some outsourced/generic customer service. No, I responded personally within hours of each email, and also provided a discount and a reason for the mix up (not just a ‘sorry’): We had a miscount in our inventory that I wasn’t aware of until the 2nd order went out. Unfortunately, the pullover you want is out of stock until next year, and we still improving eCommerce operation and inventory tracking.

Both your orders contained other items from the pro shop that were shipped out in a timely manner, arrived early, and at a discount. I hope you like them.

I’d be happy to provide a discount on a future order of items that we do have in stock, and if you’d like to take me up on that offer, feel free to reach out. You have my email.

Best,
Neil

5 Likes

This is a phenomenal idea. Thank you!

2 Likes

Wow,that’s pretty good customer service from the crew.
I guess when the handle is the merch czar we know who to turn to.
Keep up the good work!

Neil,

I’m sorry I came to this thread to rant about the experience. I was mad at the time and it wasn’t the right thing to do. I was pretty excited to get the merch, and was disappointed when I saw that some of it wasn’t there for a second time.

Like I said in the post, I was pretty frustrated that the same mistake was made twice. Seeing your explanation though, I understand how it happened. You guys run a great business and I’ll be happy to order more stuff in the future.

8 Likes

they need to do a Illac Golf collaboration that would be sweet!

Hey guys… been waiting to buy a flag for the garage. Any idea on when they’ll be back in? Thanks

2 Likes

A flag would be sick. Plz @MerchCzar

2 Likes

Gotta say @MerchCzar was amazing sorting me out a month or so ago over twitter when my discount code wouldn’t work.
Didn’t need to, but did.

As a larger athlete, i’d love some shirts that are a more generous fit rather than the athletic. Sizing charts seem to be getting smaller!