NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

I just do the 5-10 minute ones. Post ride stretch really hits more standard workout stretches. You’ll stretch quads, calves, hamstrings, etc. The just lower body ones seem to focus more on hips and a bit of mobility. I ride hard for the below stretch for stretching hips. I did it basically every night in January and have been able to touch my toes again for the first time in probably 25 years.

3 Likes

Awesome! I’ll give it a shot! I always thought I was super flexible, but I’ve come to the realization that straight line flexibility and rotational flexibility are very very different.

It was embarrassing trying that stretch for the first time. I have definitely gotten better, but my hips and lower back are still not close to where they should be.

1 Like

Excellent, will add this for sure. I’ve been hitting this pretty regularly and it’s definitely helped.

Her crush your core programs are great as well. I have nightmares about bicycle crunches.

3 Likes

As others have said, the stretching and yoga programs are really helpful in staying loose and something that I need to do more of. There are lots of good hip classes out there, I took this one the other day and am going to take it regularly. Core is important too. I’m definetly doing less rides now that the weather is nice and I’m playing 2 or 3 times a week.

Stop-bragging GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 Likes

Me when I hear “slow, slow, quick, quick, quick, quick”

7 Likes

The prosecution rests regarding Kendall being the thirstiest and worst.

3 Likes

Who are these guys?

3 Likes

Well can’t say I ever expected to see pftcommenter in a Peleton thread. He’s a barstool podcaster I think. I followed him in early Twitter days and lost track.

2 Likes

Just ordered my replacement seat too! Thanks, peloton thread!

2 Likes

Has anyone ever dealt with an issue where the pedals make some sort of clicking noise? I replaced mine a couple months ago due to one breaking and lately when the resistance or cadence are higher, there’s a bit of a click noise that comes from the pedal. I thought it was the clip in at first and I’ve tightened both the clips and tension screw a good amount, maybe I just need to tighten them a ton more so that my wife can’t unclip like our prior pedals were. I’m wondering if there’s anything else I should check too

1 Like

I’m having the same thing. I’m wondering if it is a lubrication thing possibly or the pedal being tightened to the crank?

2 Likes

I’ve tried unscrewing and re-attaching the pedal to the crank as well, that’s what’s leading me to think it’s a clip/pedal issue. Wife already biked today so I’ll up the tension screws like crazy and test it again tomorrow

1 Like

@cnasty Listen, I daydream about Jess all the time too, but we need a weekly ride.

1 Like

I knew I was forgetting something today. I’ve got some kind of cold, probably covid, that has wiped me out mentally the last couple days. Will be back shortly with an update unless I get distracted.

4 Likes

There’s no rides left on the spreadsheet so I’m making an executive decision here that the week’s ride is Leanne’s 30 Min Dance Music Ride from 5/14/23. Feel free to add rides to the spreadsheet for future weeks! @ChickPhilA please update the title when you can.

I’m off to take a nap. Should have taken a hint last night after being out of breath from mowing the front yard.

2 Likes

I’ll add some later

1 Like

Disgusting lack of Glory Days and Born to Run in Jenn’s Bruce ride