NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

Yeah. I found that the bicep band was more accurate than the wrist band personally. I’ve never really paid a ton of attention to the calorie numbers or compared them to what my whoop showed.

1 Like

I dont remember how long it took me to get back on but I swear I never recovered my stamina and lung capacity. After COVID I never sniffed a PR and still don’t come all that close. My wife says I snore a lot more since getting it too. Ts and Ps obviously

5 Likes

Same. Have PRs from a couple years ago that I haven’t come close to getting back to. Not sure if it’s COVID related but not encouraging regardless.

1 Like

Yeah, I had a very mild COVID case and I haven’t sniffed a PR since. I don’t feel any differences in my performance, just what the numbers say.

Decided to chart my 30 min rides since we got our bike. The red star is around COVID last year. Obviously not huge difference, but I think the avg. is lower (not an excel wizard but I am sure there is some way for the chart to graph that). Red “star” is around COVID last year (I took that first 30 min easy).

According to the data I’ve done 175 30 min rides since we got our bike. I was always shooting for 400/11 miles for a 30 min course. Of those, I’ve got 83 rides of 380+ output. PR for 30 min is 427. I’ve only achieved the 400/11 goal 10 times since getting COVID and I know a few of those are climb rides which obviously score higher. I’ve fallen between 380-400 20 times since COVID.

Granted, I am a year older and fatter which certainly doesn’t help, but I do think there are some lingering COVID effects.

1 Like

My family is big into Peleton and I’ve recently come into possession of a Peleton. It’s been about 2 weeks and I’m enjoying it. Finally hit a class with Emma tonight, 45 minutes with weights, that made me want to die.

My brother and I talking about taking our Mom to the studio sometime for a surprise gift. How does that work?

5 Likes

You book classes 6 weeks out, classes are 35 bucks a person they post the schedule here.

https://studio.onepeloton.com/

They have a decent faq on there but basically at 11am CST each Thursday the classes get posted for 6-weeks out and it’s kind of a mad dash to sign up on their website.

As far as a surprise goes, not sure as you have to log into your peloton account to sign in and they send a few confirmation emails. But they are helpful and may be very accommodating if you shoot them an email as I bet they get that request frequently.

4 Likes

I was able to book a yoga class in a few weeks and here are my take aways…You need to purchase the credits ahead of time. I purchased two credits and wanted to maybe take a strength and cycling class. Keep an eye on the studio site because it looks like this Thursday classes for 5 weeks from now will open up (April 27-May1). I have found that you can enter the queue early (even like around 11:30am EST or earlier). You are put in a virtual line and then at 12pm EST you’ll be able to enter the booking site. Classes go fast!!! I tried to get a Cody ride, a Kendall ride, and Ally Love ride but it kept telling me that someone had beat me to the spot even when it said it was available. I was able to book a yoga class from the mobile site on my phone and did not realize until I got my confirmation that I had somehow booked two spots. I guess it asked when I was booking them if I wanted to use both of my credits? I emailed support and asked them if I had actually booked two spots and they said yes. They said I could bring a friend with me as long as we showed up at the same time…My advice; possibly reach out to the studio and let them know that you want to do this as a surprise for your mom and they might be able to accommodate you/give you some advice :slight_smile: Best of luck!

4 Likes

I suggested to my wife we do this on a trip to NYC and she laughed at me.

3 Likes

One last ride before our first anniversary trip.

3 Likes

Alright not to bully but I think we need a new ride this week @cnasty :grin:

1 Like

Anyone here have any rides/classes they think are particularly helpful for golf fitness? I found this and the Elvis core one has been good.

2 Likes

Back at it after the six hour trek back to KC from TX

Shoot, sorry about that! Totally forgot. Will get a new one up today!

No specific rides or workouts, but don’t sleep on the stretches. I’ve been trying to stretch 6 days a week this new year. Only missed a few days this year and I feel way better than I have in the past. Great way to wind down at night and I feel it has really helped my golf game.

4 Likes

This week’s pick is courtesy of yours truly. I don’t know why I put this on the list when I did but must have for a very good reason. We’ve got Hannah F’s 30 Min HIIT and Hills Ride from 10/23/22 for this week. @ChickPhilA can you please update the title on this one when you have a minute? Enjoy everyone!

4 Likes

Almost called in a welfare check for you :grin: thanks as always for organizing!

3 Likes

lol I appreciate it! All is well, just a whirlwind of a month around here and my Peloton time has suffered!

1 Like

Has anyone ever noticed a big difference in riding the OG bike to bike plus? I rode my friends bike plus this morning and blew my PR out of the water by 44…

Really enjoyed the programming on this one. Definitely do not do enough Hannah F rides.

1 Like