NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

So your display says “100%” even though you are able to turn up the resistance further? To me that sounds like your displayed 100% is actually an 90% (or whatever number less than 100%) resistance. If you got to 95 and couldn’t turn you would be working at a 100% resistance and not getting credit for it.

So yeah, if the mechanics are as you said, a recalibration would decrease your output score because instead of getting credit for riding at a 60%, to produce the same effort with a recalibrated bike the screen would now show 50% (or whatever resitance <60%).

I think this is all accurate, which is insanely depressing since my output already isn’t that high. But I know it’s just a number and won’t let that demotivate myself. Just wouldn’t mind if I found out that the opposite was true and I was actually under counting my data…

2 Likes

Has anyone else experimented with manually adjusting their FTP score to have their PZ zones keep up with (or overload) their progress?

I have zero desire to do an FTP Test more than once or twice a year but I find that over the course of the Peloton season (I don’t ride very often during warmer months) I need to ride at the top of my zone or even into the next zones to replicate the perceived exertion cues. I’ve been bumping up my FTP score by 5 every week or so.

Riding the Peloton to Bieber isn’t my favourite thing, even as a Canadian, but was a pretty good ride overall.

We back. Feels good.

2 Likes

Did my first full ride in a month due to a hip injury. Holy hell has my cardio gone off a cliff. Going to be a very frustrating spring trying to get my cardio back while starting reffing. Kudo’s to @tnord for pushing me through the last intervals. That last song was rough!

1 Like

Fun little ride!

5 Likes

Congrats on 500!

3 Likes

ha. I just did that one this afternoon.

I was out of town all last week, got sick, and have been spending more time on strength and less on the bike over the last month. You’re right, it goes quickly. I didn’t go real hard on this one, but I definitely don’t feel as strong on the bike as I used to.

1 Like

Yeah. I didn’t feel like I was pushing it hard resistance wise, but it pushed me pretty hard. My heart rate score was drastically higher than usual even though my output was lower than it was before the injury.

1 Like

that was not a big output ride by any means. too many long recoveries.

1 Like

I am going to hurt tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hello Peloton Crew! I’m coming up on a year and a half of ownership and have been using the bike in waves. During our install, I remember the Peloton representative mentioning certain points on the bike that they recommend checking/tightening periodically. The problem is that I don’t remember the specific parts of the bike they were referring to. Do you all have any areas on the bike that you periodically check?

I’d love to hear responses. I’ve done NO maintenance on my bike aside from wiping it down after every ride. I just saw that Peloton is now recommending riders replace their pedals every year. Which blows my mind as I’ve had it for almost three years and never once thought my pedals needed replacing. Why would I do this aside from helping out Peloton’s coffers?

If I should be tightening anything up on the bike, I’d love to know!

6 Likes

Allrighty folks, time for this week’s update. Thanks @bennyl1 for nominating Denis’s 30 Min Sample That Ride from 2/18/23! @ChickPhilA can you please update this one when you have a chance?

This should be a fun one… these rides used to be called Fresh Friday which were always super fun. Enjoy!

1 Like

Same here. I’ve had my bike for 2.5yrs and have done nothing other than wipe it down after rides. I ride 5-6 days a week. Replace pedals yearly? Really?

Great playlist and Denis rocks as usual

2 Likes

Replace your pedals annually, they said. I’ve never done any maintenance on my bike, they said.

Looks like I’ll be replacing my pedals after just over a year of ownership. I did a warm up ride this morning and got off the bike for a few minutes, then when I went to clip in again I couldn’t. I messed with it some but when I Googled broken pedal, this Reddit post was the top hit and the picture they posted looks exactly like mine. From the comments it sounds like a replacement is the best solution since even if you can repair it enough to still use, it’s a temporary fix. Lovely Friday morning.

1 Like

I’m gonna come up for air from the Finance thread and get some fresh air in what one of the more positive and uplifting threads here. First, fantastic ride last week, loved the pick!

This week, @Rossy2644 gets his wish and we’ve got Robin’s 20 Min Tabata Ride from 10/26/22. @ChickPhilA please update the title when you have a minute or two. Have a great week!

4 Likes

Looks like Kendall caught the golf bug.

7 Likes