NLU Peloton Thread - New Years Resolutions

I bought a much cheaper bike and connected a wahoo cadence sensor. Use the peloton app for classes on the ipad, which connects to the cadence sensor. You get the benefit of the classes without going all in on a $2,000 stationary bike. You don’t get an accurate position on the leader board without the actual bike, but that’s not super important to me. I always finish first on my leader board.

It’s not for everyone, but it’s been great for home exercise.

2 Likes

Joining this community anyone else want to ride to keep each other accountable? ChessnotChecker is my account name.

2 Likes

this just reminds me its probably about time i got back on the bike

2 Likes

I have been really considering getting one as well, does anyone know if they have any sales or referral codes I could use to get some discount on any accessories or the bike?

They run black friday deals where they will throw in accessories if you get a bike last year it was shoes, headphones etc. i got all that for my wife then ended up just going to REI and getting a pair of shoes for myself for cheaper

I think BF has some small deals but I don’t know. My apartment building has them so I use that one. I got 30 rides in last winter but completely abandoned it this summer. I gotta get back into it and was hoping this group would keep me on track. I will say i do love that machine, it is addicting once you get on board.

My apartment has a few, but I haven’t set up an account yet as I have a road bike and it hasn’t been cold enough. I’ll get into it this winter and join the group

yeah i used mine a lot last winter but not so much in the summer. Going to get back into it now

1 Like

I only use the bike in the winter but I really like the outdoor running classes when the weather is better. Just feel like I get more out of the 20-30 minutes classes in a short amount of time.

kevinbrad06

1 Like

Started looking into the peloton more and more as it gets colder in the Northeast and I want to combat the blubber I’m about to take on.

Are the Peloton classes very verstaile? Or is it straight up spinning?

nah they have everything from yoga to lifting with weights and body weights on there

1 Like

Damn, I’m getting more and more intrigued.

Going to a spin class is never a bad thing either. Great way to burn a ton of calories in a shorter amount of time. Plus the view from the back of the room is uhhhh not terrible.

4 Likes

We have a few at our work gym. Totally get it now.

2 Likes

If you pay for the membership, do you need one per person? Or can have multiple people under the membership?

This thread reminded me how great the Peloton app/workout is. I have my road bike on a Wahoo trainer with the Peloton app on the iPad or projected to my Apple TV is great. Just did a 30 min HIIT and my legs are jello. Not the most ideal setup using an iPad and a road bike/trainer, but for $20/mo it’s pretty great considering the price of the Peloton bike.

Obligatory:
I have it overlooking my courtyard coy pond and bonsai tree collection, just took a ride watching the huge snowflakes drop from the sky and mountains surrounding my chalet.

4 Likes

5 users per membership

1 Like

$100 per month for me and my GF doesn’t seem too outlandish…it’s the 39 month for the bike that makes me uneasy, that’s a long commitment!

Alight decided to get off my ass and back on the bike again hope I remember how to use it

2 Likes

7 Likes