NLU Business model

Curious to see everyone’s thoughts on the NLU business model. I understand having Callaway, BMW, Ogio, etc. as sponsors to fund content, trips, and the like but I’m curious to know how the NLU boys make a salary. Is Tron’s trust fund providing food for everyone’s families? How do you pay a mortgage?

Obviously not looking for specifics, just trying to satisfy my ignorance on how the content biz works. Looking forward to some insight or general conspiracy theories on how it all works.

16 Likes

If you build it, they will come.

2 Likes

They live off Randy hustling unsuspecting rubes at midwest muni golf courses.

It’s quite lucrative I hear.

33 Likes

Hey stranger, how do you make money? How much do you make? How much is your mortgage?

Obviously not looking for specifics…

18 Likes

i hear drop shipping from china is quite the business these days

2 Likes

Literally the same as any small business owner. Take a salary if you want, or don’t.

2 Likes

Randy and Soly are into alchemy, and the Schuster brothers are deep into the crypto scene with Charlie Belgan. DJ is secretly the commissioner of the PGA Tour.

5 Likes

DJ… J… Jay Monahan?

7 Likes

This is such a weird fucking thing to need to know.

10 Likes

I really couldn’t care less how much they make. A business is pretty self explanatory on how revenue comes in. Services provided or sales explain that. If the Pro Shop is the answer then so be it. Just legitimately interested. Not trying to be nosey or out of line.

Um, HELLO? Old news here, guis.

NLU is a ponzi scheme. @Tron mentioned it in the WWTBAM game.

I knew something was off last year when I was asked to send in ANOTHER $25,000 to support Duval County Junior Golf (check payable to Killhouse Recordz)

14 Likes

How much money do you make and what is your 401k balance?

2 Likes

User title really makes sense in context

Try not to take myself too seriously.

2 Likes

Small businesses operate like big businesses. Employees collect a salary and sometimes a bonus.

I’m not sure what you’re looking for here.

I get being curious. I know talking salary is taboo but it’s getting less so as generations pass.

The thing that really got me thinking was that Neil left google. I mean he is in his very early 30s at one of the biggest companies on earth living in one of the most expensive cities on earth. How the F does he walk away from what I assume (completely ignorant to the tech world) is a very healthy salary and benefits?

If Neil wants to take a large cut to produce the “art” that I do so enjoy, who am I to say he is wrong?

2 Likes

sitting here making a comparable salary and benefits, and let me tell you… if NLU (or something similar) asked me to join tomorrow, i would quit immediately.

“healthy salary and benefits” don’t make you happy none

10 Likes

This times 1000. I went out on my own this year and while it may not work, there is something soul crushing about working for the man.

1 Like

It would be a much different discussion if Neil had a SO/kids/ etc etc, but, to my knowledge he doesn’t. So fly high while you’re young, O Icarito

1 Like