NLU Bandon 2022: Happy Anniversary

Because we don’t want to? No need to get into a philosophical discussion here about it. As far as the cadence of this one, haven’t decided yet. Will see how the first one goes before planning the next five years out. Back to talking about the specifics of the ‘22 trip.

42 Likes

@grizzly224 Understand man…None of my buddies will commit to go to Bandon and while I am healthy enough to walk it I am hoping for a shot to attend. I will find some side gigs if I have too lol. I am planning to attend the LCB as well since those are two courses I have wanted to play for quite some time.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat. None of the guys in my inner circle are ever making the trip out there. So, I either go solo at some point or do something like this.

8 Likes

Yep! While I think I could still have fun I could not imagine going to a golf resort solo. Just would hit way different. My wife did offer to go and walk with me if I cannot find anyone to go with but that is just not how I want to experience Bandon for the first time. Maybe the 2nd, 3rd, 4th lol

1 Like

My home course is hiring. Maybe I’ll see if they will work with my weird job schedule and start earning some extra.

1 Like

This is pretty darn close, from my experience. We were there in June, so the rates were a little higher…but the final total including everything EXCEPT merchandise came out to almost exactly $1000/day. We were there for 5 days, so the trip cost $5000. Including: golf (36/day), meals, flight, rental car, caddies for nearly all rounds.

You can also save a little money on rental car. The four of us split a minivan and it came out to be $175/person.

1 Like

Don’t let going solo deter you. Everybody there is a golf nut looking to have a great time and talk about the courses. I’ve gone with people and solo and they are equally as good. Plus you get to do whatever you want in terms of taking time warm up, visiting all of the pro shops, etc. Plus being solo makes it easier to get the tee times and courses you want.

16 Likes

Well said. Did it solo in 2015 and had a great time. Mostly great pairings and my wife slept in and explored. We did only stay an afternoon, full day, then morning before heading out as it was part of a larger trip. Wife loved the food, so that’s a selling point.

3 Likes

At the end of the day I would do it solo in a heart beat…All your points are great. Me being the social person I am generally do not have an issue getting a long with anybody. Especially golf nuts lol. It is just not my ideal way to experience for the first time.

1 Like

Would totally be down on this, schedule looks crazy dialed.

1 Like

Just one comment on this - you definitely don’t need a car on property. The shuttles are quite good. However, I really enjoyed having a vehicle and likely wouldn’t do it any other way. The biggest reason: you can greatly reduce the quantity of “stuff” you have in your golf bag by storing gear in the car. Example: change of shoes, rain gear, extra clothes, etc. In an effort to fit in as many rounds as possible, we often did not return to our room. The car was very helpful.

6 Likes

The starter stands usually have big plastic bags that you can put all of this stuff into to grab between rounds without having to go back to your room.

1 Like

I agree with this, you can definitely get by with the shuttles and storing extra stuff at the courses while you play, but it was very nice to be able to leave everything in the car and take out what we needed each round.

1 Like

You don’t want to work at your club. Most don’t even allow member’s kids to work there.

1 Like

I don’t belong to a private club. I just call the public course I play the most my home course.

8 Likes

I’m signing up.

Never been to Bandon and unlikely to get a group coordinated on my own. Sounds like a great trip.

2 Likes

I feel seen

I am in the same boat. I feel compelled to point out that about 8 of us have said the some variation of “my friends would never go for this trip” which means even if we don’t win the lottery we could put a group together.

31 Likes

God
I hope I win. My friends would never do this

6 Likes

I am planning to go to Bandon as a golf bucket list item, being able to attend with fellow Refuge crazies is icing on the cake! strong text

4 Likes