NLU Bandon 2022: Happy Anniversary

Especially those of us that had our trips cancelled in April 2020 due to COVID. During the short period time when Bandon was fully closed so we couldn’t have even irresponsibly gone.

2 Likes

I’m not even entering this - I’m heading to Bandon in three weeks - but I’m so geeked out on Bandon I just watched Golfholics play Bandon Dunes shot-by-shot. If that’s not a cry for help, I don’t know what is.***

***It would be me watching the RGC Shot-by-Shot on all the Bandon courses, something I’ve already done, thanks.

11 Likes

Yes.

I am there Sept 12 to 17 if anyone wants to have a beer on me.

In your defense. The Golfholics videos at Bandon were pretty good and they weren’t totally insufferable during them

I won’t be signing up for Bandon. Just not in the budget.

This is more my speed

2 Likes

How shameless can we get in this lottery?

I turn 40 in 2022…In April…and I have yet to make it to Bandon. :eyes:

Maybe it is destiny and I should just leave the shamelessness alone.

But it is probably my one time in the next 10 years my wife won’t give me grief about the cost of a golf trip. :laughing:

7 Likes

I just made the mistake of complaining the other day about saving more money. I would need a nice windfall in the very near future and some of that would need to go towards something that she likes

1 Like

Correct…volunteer to do all the grocery shopping for 8 months.

Then the formula is:

Discreet Savings = Trip Cost / $10 cash back additions at checkout

This will tell you how many times you need to grocery shop from now until April.

To make it easier on bigger golf trips, start talking about how you need to grocery shop twice a week, so you stop wasting produce.

7 Likes

Buy cheap made at home coffee for a year. Save 10 bucks a day.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 3.06.32 PM

12 Likes

It’s $100 per round, plus tip. So if you’re planning on taking one each round, you’re low.

9 Likes

Looking at $600 on the low end for caddie + tips for every round.

You should go even if you don’t win the lottery!

1 Like

Bandon hack (might not work for this trip): get one caddie per foursome. 2 of you take the caddie in the AM, the other 2 carry/cart. In the PM switch it up. Cuts caddie costs in half

The local airport only has direct flights from Denver on Wednesday’s and Sundays so won’t work for this trip. I haven’t looked at rentals but getting 4 guys to split a rental from Portland shouldn’t be too expensive per person. Also, cost of a rental is the least of your worries at Bandon :rofl:

1 Like

Why not include a premium to add to the No Laying Up revenue? There is not only a convenience involved, but an opportunity cost of the NLU guys versus doing something else golf-related. Plus…

BTW, @Tron, for those of us who don’t need a dollar-by-dollar accounting but may need the extra year to save for this trip, can you confirm this will be an annual happening?

Hey @tjosu, do the math on this one: Welcome Sand Valley - The Golfer’s Journal

It’s the first year of an NLU trip, there are no return visitors. Definitely should be a step beyond a normal Bandon trip.

This, exactly.

Or better yet, do the Group Caddie. $40 per person plus the $5 per day for the rickshaw, if you still don’t want to carry your bag. You basically get the course info you need without paying for someone to carry your bag.

Nothing stopping you personally sending a monthly tithe to Pro Traj Holdings; some of them might even let you send them PayPal or Venmo directly.

No need to make the trip more expensive for everyone else.

15 Likes

You know that most golf outings raise money for charities, right? As in you pay way more than cost. You realize that $20 piece of string costs a few cents, don’t you?

And any trip organized by a golf company has a premium for their services, right?

Why should NLU run this as a non-profit, when they have a real business to run? And provide us all with plenty of free content that they have to pay for, somehow.

There should for sure be a 64 man glow golf closest to the pin contest. 20$ a man would be a sick pot

5 Likes

That’s enough internet for tonight

33 Likes