NIT Qualifier Hoosier Day @ Harrison Hills Golf Club & Purdue Golf Complex 6/25 - 6/26

Decided to stick with June instead of mid august?

Also, in true refuge fashion the google sheet is read only (shout out the duck race thread!)

1 Like

Iā€™ll fix that! I thought it was set for everyone but Google has done me wrong. I went with the voting and looked like that weekend in June was the most heavily selected. August would have also been tough for me to swing as well.
Sheet has been updated should be good to go!

FYI We need 40 people signed up for a spot in the NIT. I want to get a few more that that so we can rent out HH for the day. If we can rent HH for the day, the afternoon would consist of a par 3 challenge.

3 Likes

helicoptering in from the second city with a question for ya @Jalspurg after chatting about this event with @brettfreddy5 this wkd

Whatā€™s the price estimation for the golf only? Iā€™m thinking about driving down to play with my brother whoā€™s the typical tight budget purdue student. Iā€™d be covering our donations, raffles and all that but canā€™t let him freeload too much so wanted to see if he can manage the entry fee

currently on an nlu event high after march mudness at kankakee elks so really hoping to make this one work too, looks awesome

edit: second question on that - heā€™s just recently picked up the game. no official handicap (probably around a 20-25) but also not a nest member. all okay there with no hdcp as he wouldnā€™t be competing for an NIT spot?

3 Likes

Hey there! So last year I did a $20 donation per person. So that would still probably be in the $200 ball park. However, @ Purdue, he would be able to use his student discount which I believe is pretty solid. I will find out a bit more as I get people signed up and quotes on golf, food etc. I was suppose to be at Muddness and could have answer some questions!! Conflicts caused it to not work out, sadly.

Great thanks, good to know. Iā€™m gonna go ahead and throw us down on the sign up!

1 Like

@BDeck25 :eyes:

Good looking out! Threw my info in there.

@Jalspurg let me know if you need/want any help planning, happy to help out. And if you find out about being able to use the Purdue savings cards to take some cost off, would make up the difference straight to charity of choice.

2 Likes

Sweet action! Iā€™ve got the courses set up just trying to see how many we can get. If it isnā€™t too many, we can always have it as a meet up. If you know people get em involved!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll bump it on the Indiana page again, work your magic on those FCF members to get us up closer to that 40 for an NIT spot!

2 Likes

Iā€™m interested in at least one if not both days but that weekend is a ~very fluid situation~ in my household currently. When do you need firm commits by?

1 Like

Getting out for a ā€œpractice roundā€ tomorrow at Harrison Hills! Looks like the 3rd time may finally be the charm to get to play there!

2 Likes

Hate im gonna miss this event. . . had a good time last year.

2 Likes

@Jalspurg think I can use this for the event?

IDK but that is a great deal haha

I need to get back to everyone. I have a bachelor party the weekend of the event so either need to move it or have someone else take the wheel.

All tongue in cheek bud :rofl:

Well thatā€™s a bummer. As much fun as it was, might be a blessing in disguise for me. Started a new job last week and having to figure out the right amount of ā€œtaking off this Friday and this Friday and this Friday and this whole week in Augustā€¦ā€ sorta sucks :joy:

1 Like

Want to maybe try and push it to a non Purdue home game weekend in the fall? Weather could be slightly better then too.

Officially withdrawing. Gonna be missing you silly folks.

Do we know what weā€™re doing yet?

Unfortunately myself and my future father in law will both have to withdraw as well. Trying to sneak this in the weekend before a wedding was just a bit to much. Any update on potentially rescheduling?