New EVENT SoCal @Pelican Hill 8/9/21

Planning a charitable fundraiser for Autism Speaks at Pelican Hill (Newport Beach, CA) next March, and interested in how I might bring it under the No Laying Up umbrella. Who would be the right person to discuss with? Great course and great cause. Thx, John

8 Likes

I’ll DM you.

While I’m not 100% sure what kind of umbrella you’re looking for…the best way to bring it in under the Refuge umbrella is to get involved here. Talk some friendly shit. Get people signing up. Let us know how we can raise funds (this group has raised a LOT of money). Maybe challenge someone to a duel or facilitate one.

If it’s just getting NLU involved as a sponsor or something (so in a non-Refuge event sense), ignore the above.

I would talk some friendly shit to the new guy, but that’s frowned upon

6 Likes

Thx JL. Appreciate the feedback. Really just trying to learn what requirements are, (if any), to involve this passionate group of golfers who love NLU at a great course to help raise some dough for a great cause. I see you’re a dad, (lucky Stella), as am I and my son Griffin, (who’s autistic), while not a golfer ITRW, will occasionally school me on Wii Golf. Want to do whatever I can to help, and figure there are probably somer likeminded Nest members who feel the same way.

8 Likes

Happy to get involved with your event.

2 Likes

Thx very much Laz! I enjoy your posts here and on social, and know your involvement will make a big difference. And I think you’re Santa Monica based(?), so your network could really have an impact. Will keep you looped in on the details. Thx again. John

1 Like

Good chance you can pencil me in too. Let me know what you need.

2 Likes

Father of a teenager with ASD. Been involved in the autism community for over a decade. I’m most likely in if scheduling works for me.

2 Likes

Will do. Thx very much!

1 Like

Thx Forty. I know you get it as a dad. Will be back with more info for the group this week. John

@macbug0610 updated the date in the title.

I’d love info on this. Will have a newborn, but might be able to sneak away!

Thx Super Dave!

1 Like

All, this is for the rescheduled AUTISM SPEAKS SOCAL GOLF CLASSIC–same great venue, new date, and still for a great cause. You can follow this link act.autismspeaks.org/socalgolfclassic to reserve your spot. Or hey, invite some Nest members–what could possibly go wrong? Hope to see you there, and pls hit me up with any questions. Thanks, John

Congrats on the pending little one! You know what they say is the best way to celebrate your bundle of joy? A round at Pelican Hill in August! Click here act.autismspeaks.org/socalgolfclassic to sign up. With all your friends. Like, ALL YOUR FRIENDS! Hope to see you there. John

1 Like

Only 2 months until the AUTISM SPEAKS SOCAL GOLF CLASSIC at the spectacular Pelican Hill Ocean Course in Newport Beach CA.

Tell me you’re busy doing something more fun, (and worthwhile). Click here http://act.autismspeaks.org/socalgolfclassic to get your tickets, (that’s right, why not bring a friend. And some extra Titleists). Hope to see somer Refuge members out in the wild. Thanks, John

1 Like

Last time I’ll bother you guys about this. Over 100 players already signed up. If interested in playing a great round on an amazing course for a fabulous cause, look no further. Thanks and hope to see you there.
John

1 Like