Nest Invitational Tournament aka NIT - Viiibbiiinnnggg

Along with the pink pants, the vibe was strong.

1 Like

first of all a huge thank you to everyone who put on this event, it was truly a week to remember. I want to start off this post by issuing one of, if not the first official call out for the 2021 NIT. @JCO I want another run at the champ. We were in the same flight, and despite neither of our best golf on our first 9 of the final round, I was only 4 points back, and proceeded to go bogey, bogey, six straight doubles and of course finish my round with my first par in a long time on the last. Turns out when your wife @LPondgolf ditches you while in contention to go watch a guy play left handed @Tron it gets in your head a bit. Clint was awesome and we had a great walk out there, a true gentleman as they say. Congrats on the win.

Had a blast picking up the bag for @RonniepND in the final round. I had already slugged a few IPAs before his first tee ball in the championship and was a bit taken back when all he asked for was a water on the first tee. Despite some early struggles battled through and convinced him drinking was the only way to right the ship by the 10th tee. made a run at it and finished t-3.

It was also a pleasure to watch a true pros pro @djpie maintain the crowds and keep his player @ChickPhilA steady despite the crowds desire to #getinvolved. Its no wonder he always finds a loop with the elite women of the game.

lastly shoutout to @anon24718094 and @OTPLefty for the great wine and bourbon shares.

19 Likes

I give you 3:1 odds you’ve blown your diet by XMas Eve.

9 Likes

FTFY

10 Likes

I’ll give you 50 bucks that you blow it. Oh wait…

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

…might I interest you in a dumb contest to keep you locked in on this goal?

9 Likes

And much more accurate. I was just giving you some hope for gain.

But we all know what happens were witnesses for when you’re facing 3:1 odds in a slam-dunk situation.

3 Likes

Finally! Some NIT outrage! Grab the pitchforks and torches.

19 Likes

People are saying that my swing can get a little TOO loose after pounding 12 drinks and smoking endless cigars.

5 Likes

Yeah…that lens and angle were touuuugghhhh.

Speaking of pics, @Privatecollection where can we see the photos? Will they be on the golfgenius site?

It’s pretty rare that I find myself in a situation that I’m underdrunk enough to notice when someone else is really drunk. You and @OTPLefty each made me proud this weekend.

7 Likes

I’ll need to read through the thread…does the guy who gains the most weight get a new rangefinder?

8 Likes

Does he get a Precision Pro Rangefinder if he finishes last? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

He took the first night and I handled the last one. Serendipity for the two suckers that ended up as roommates.

3 Likes

You get a more accurate scale.

1 Like

Sir, please make sure to cite the original poster when making the same joke.

5 Likes

@MrVinegar206, congrats on the beer and thanks for a fucking awesome Saturday afternoon. Can’t wait to play with you again. @TheThirdSnell, after knocking it around for a few extra holes Saturday I don’t want to see you bitching about your low handicap ever again. Great meeting you dude. @Ben, @AirMailWedges, @phegs32, @Joezwickl, @CSquared07, @MattyB, on and on and on. I enjoyed hacking it around with you guis immensely. @anon24718094, of course, thank you and the rest of the Refuge Wine Society for some fucking great wine. Last but not least, @Lazstradamus. Always a pleasure, my friend.

13 Likes

They only way I could describe winter park 9 was absolutely delightful. Hitting a great shot to about 3 feet from the pot bunker on the 9th and subsequently missing the birdie putt was a great metaphor for my golf game during the weekend.

Thankfully, the quality of my golf game had nothing to do with the level of enjoyment I had. Shout out to two random locals that really did a great job giving us some insights into the course.

5 Likes

What a great event!

Starting Thursday at White Oak with a great group of guys with to explore a new course. HUGE thanks to @JCO (congrats to the CHAMP) @OffTheDole and @Hwhite for making it happen.

Met so many people this weekend—hard to mention everyone. @soly @randy @Djpie @merchczar and @tron for creating something very special and powerful with NLU.

As always @Privatecollection could teach a master class in event planning and attention to detail.

Had a nice chat with Laz over a couple of slices of pizza and a beer Saturday.

Played with Merchczar when he eagled #17----perfect drive and a perfect putt. Same grouping Joezwickl when he scored 22 points in one nine with a birdie-birdie-birdie stretch.

Watching @RobertHunter light up the Cross Country event was fun!

Enjoyed the rounds with everyone!

14 Likes

Oh man. Where do I begin?

Thank you jimithng23. Pards, I appreciate all the work you put into the rental car and a great hang all weekend.

Zoom Crew. Vibing as always. Much love to y’all.

Speaking of vibing, Fluff pleasure playing with ya in the 3rd round. Shoutout to all of my playing partners. I’d @ you all, but I need to save them haha. I will specifically shoutout @jwfickett, though. In the midst of shooting 16 strokes worse Friday afternoon than the morning, going from T1 with Casey for best point total in the morning to a free fall down the leaderboard, he did everything he could to keep the energy up. I think the nip helped in the long term that round.

Speaking of the free fall down the board, I think it’s an absolute disgrace that I didn’t win the Icarito award, @MerchCzar. Did anyone else shoot 18 points worse between rounds? I doubt it.

Though, I can’t give Neil a hard time. He did potentially save my weekend. If y’all didn’t hear the story this weekend, we were paired together at the Pre-NIT at White Oak. I hit some skanky, diving, sliced drives that weren’t going anywhere. Now, driver is the worst club in my bag to hit, but that day was especially bad. After hitting 3 wood for most of the rest of the round, I tried to hit one more driver on 18. Same horrible miss. Neil had seen enough. He looks at the shaft, the head, the setting… The setting. I don’t know if I’ve had it backwards for months or if my body that felt like it was 2:30 when I woke up at 5:30 put the head back on backwards, but it was set at a -1, fade. Neil breaks into his bag for the wrench, cranks it to the correct setting, and potentially saved my weekend from maybe hitting 3 wood on every hole. I mean, I still hit some terrible drives, but at least there were some good ones, too! Thank you so much, Neil.

Speaking of the White Oak event, thank you @JCO, Harrison, and Damon for hosting. Clint, it was a pleasure playing with you at White Oak, too. You were so close to shooting low that day. I even mentioned it to you; when you squared the face up, it was pure. I had faith you’d get rid of the blocks during the weekend. When I saw you were in the finals with Harrison on the bag, it was a no-brainer bet in my mind. Congratulations on winning!! Hopefully, I see ya at the PNW event next year. @Mwilhelm10, too. I also hope, Jesse and I didn’t ruin your hat with the beer.

Speaking of beer.

Link to the story:

Shoutout New Belgium for sponsoring free beer all weekend.

Some of ya heard through the grapevine that I’m allergic to beer and was trying to auction it off. Let me clear some things up. I have a slight gluten allergy. I tend to drink wine or spirits as a result. I was chatting with @Privatecollection, @Randy, and @Tron about auctioning it off where half the proceeds would go to Jax Beach and the other half would go to the Avon event. Erin processed it and after determining that a clause about “it can’t be sold; it has to be won” might be sticky and wanting to keep a rock solid relationship going forward to maybe have them sponsor the event again, she advised against. I knew the auction was a shot in the dark, so I’m still getting the beer… and will be drinking it.

Nearing the end now. Shoutout @bignanski for hanging with me all Saturday afternoon. We melded so well that on more than one occasion, people thought we were brothers :joy: Sorry for getting you hammered early that day!

Lastly, thank you so so so much to @Privatecollection, specifically, but a big cheers to @Randy, @Tron, @MerchCzar, @djpie, and @Soly for a near flawless event. If it’s not a problem with the grounds crew, starting 30 minutes earlier each day next time might be the way to go. That, or do it the Friday-Saturday before Daylight Savings Time. I honestly couldn’t complain about anything else… except maybe a couple of TC’s scummy hole locations. For the first go, y’all should be so, so proud of the event. I mean, I think all 87, or at least a vast majority walked away extremely happy with how the weekend went. The internet friends becoming real friends… I just double… triple… quadrupled that past the crew I already knew. I hope everyone else can say the same.

Many cheers. I will do everything I can to not miss the next one!

31 Likes