Most Overpriced Golf Courses

I’m in Washington right next to Chambers Bay. The summer price for this place is too much if you aren’t a resident then its $275 and even if you are a Washington resident its still $159-$199 The only plus side is that it’s not a mandatory caddie. The course is nice but there are way better courses around here for less.

Pebble Beach, Spyglass, and the Links at Spanish Bay for sure. I just spent a week playing courses in CA and those 3 definitely left something to be desired. They charge you out the ass, and while the views are stunning the courses are just meh.

I’d play Pasatiempo 7 times in a row before playing any of those courses again.

This! Torrey South was terrible. Played there during the construction on the North course so it was especially bad. Also just played Maderas and it was terrific and the greens fee was very reasonable for what you got with the course.

My opinion is Torrey Pines is a classic example of over rating a golf course because the property is boarded by the ocean.

Both of the Pelican Hill Resort courses in Newport Beach…

South gets a lot of hype, but I preferred the North course. Neither are worth the $300+ typical rates. I played both during SCGA member outings for $160 each and felt like that was more fair.