MN Refugee Fall Match Play - Sunday Singles - 9/27/2020 - **Pairings Announcement in Post 13**

Super looking forward to this! Only bummer is I know Baker is aerating Monday. We’ve got 6 days, so hopefully they’re not too bad by then. Maybe the ultimate rub of the green.

1 Like

Hoping that between the watering and the warmer temps, they bounce back quickly. Really just shoutout to the super.

1 Like

If you end your streak of shooting in the 60s with me, we can blame the greens.

Yeah, the aeration…that’s why I played bad! That’s it!:wink:

Dammit, my JR jersey is blue, not red…looks like I’ll have to dress like a golfer for this meetup

Thanks for setting this up. I just sent you the venmo payment. See everybody there on Sunday

2 Likes

Just Venmo’d my payment! Time to find some red!

1 Like

I tested the waters with the wife and it… didn’t go well. I’m out this time, guis.

1 Like

Not much season left…promise her a day in Nov or something.

Say this is good for your mental health with the pandemic going on.

Don’t test the waters, just jump in and deal with the swim back later

3 Likes

Oh I’ve already been scheduled to go to the apple orchard with the kiddos and a bunch of our friends’ families. Tuff scene

3 Likes

I even tried the whole ‘might be the last good weekend in MN until Spring and I have the NIT to practice for’. She goes, “then go to TopGolf”.

1 Like

I do not advise this approach when you have kids at home.

2 Likes

assuming Team Can’t Play has rights to baby blue as Team Lacks Pop has rights to pink? asking for a friend… (closet wont let me pull trigger on sunday red’s)

1 Like

Try Me

@SBST If you bring some Chang’s seasoning salts for me this will be allowed. Otherwise don’t show

1 Like

Can I book mark this and come back to it for reference if/when you do have kids? :joy:

I’m bummed I can’t make this event but jacked for all of you participating

2 Likes

Unfortunately we don’t have a Team Lacks Pop official apparel sponsor to provide our uniforms, so use your best judgment.

I trust that it cannot be worse than these beauties:

2 Likes

Rich Lerner voice
The Monday before the competition starts, always a time for initial impressions and the slow trickle of news. And just now we have the first scripting announcement for how @mplsgolfer’s Team Lacks Pop will look out there:

Chamblee voice
I think it was the great Bobby Jones who said that “those who wear red are inherently better golfers” and I expect that to be the case this week.

(My wife: “What the hell are you doing with the laundry on the floor? Is that going on eBay?”)

11 Likes

I may need to use some of my shop credit this week and do a little Red shopping.

1 Like

I just folded laundry so staged my match outfit. It is remarkable similar to what I usually wear. Luckily I drew into the blue team.

5 Likes

@mplsgolfer can’t figure out how to send you a DM, but if trying to venmo and i need the last 4 of your phone number to confirm the transaction. Shoot me a message, thanks!