MN Event: North Star Shootout - 8/15/20 - ***CHARITY UPDATE IN POST 1082***

After much research and deliberation we are happy to announce the initial details of the North Star Shootout (name still under construction). The committee has listened to the cries of our MN and ND based refugees for an August date instead of June. Our fearless captains, @ajtwenty1 and @Taylorda, have already drafted initial squads but the rosters will be expanded should the Refuge demand it.

We have officially locked down a large block of tee times, with the following dates:

When: Saturday, August 15th, 2020
Where: Keller Golf Course (Site of the 1932 and 1954 PGA Championships)
Time: 11:30 AM
Cost: $47 walking, $63 riding

That’s the baseline cost for the golf, but we will like look to include other miscellaneous items so don’t assume this is the final cost to attend.

NOTE: This is not an NIT related Refuge event. This is an outing that will focus on golf sickos who want to play one of the best course values in Minnesota during peak golf season.

Alert your spouses and get it on the calendar. Further details in the weeks and months to come!

38 Likes

I could wax poetically about how much MN has to offer all you refugees who fly over our state but I will save that for later. Right now all i have to say is.

giphy

8 Likes

For anyone interested in joining the event, please make sure to enter your info on the spreadsheet. We’ll be conducting a supplementary draft to backfill any current spots and make sure we include as many Refugees in the event as possible.

Current Rosters:

Finally, @Soly @Tron @Randy @djpie @MerchCzar the invitation is open to Kill House members as well, should you want to visit this fine state during its most glorious month. (We don’t want to hear the “I would have came if you invited me” excuse on this one).

7 Likes

Game on.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Team Outstate (working title), LFG!

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

As a Minnesotan by birth with family still around the area I would love to make this happen.
Unlikely but I may be able to swing it into a family trip to see aging grandparents down in rural SW MN.

4 Likes

You should absolutely make this happen…at that price, the course is practically paying YOU!

What part of SW MN by the way?

Wood Lake. Population less than 500.
Yellow Medicine County. Granite Falls or Marshall would be the closest towns of any note.

2 Likes

I know it…sister lives on the south side of Lac Qui Parle.

Also, you should definitely come to the shootout.

I mean you gotta fly into the twin cities right? Fly in or out on that sunday and spend sat with us.

Yeah it is the only airport option with a 2.5 drive upon arrival. Sioux Falls being the other, which isn’t exactly a bustling transportation hub.

1 Like

Big round of applause to @BaxterMSP for a lot of leg work on this. Can we start talking formats? Or did I missed that discussion already?

2 Likes

problem solved then! Keller is only 20 minutes away from the airport

Haven’t gotten there yet, think we will see how many people will realize this is a can’t miss event and go from there.

I mean look at this,

Credit @OnlyLayingUp via google maps

5 Likes

Name added. I have wanted to play Keller ever since the remodel.

4 Likes

If you aren’t from Minnesota and have never played Keller it is LEGIT a really wonderful golf course.

5 Likes

Let us know when that plane ticket is booked so @ajtwenty1 can lock down his team

3 Likes