Mixed Troubles by Grueter Golf - 9/11 @ Watchung Valley GC, NJ - Registration Info at Post 38

My wife is involved with Grueter Golf. Will it make a difference who we sign up through?

1 Like

Do they have any details on this event?

1 Like

All I know and can say for sure is each group has an allotment of tickets to sell to it’s members.

will we be able to register as individuals and get paired up?

When does registration open for this event?

I will no longer be planning on attending. My family is throwing me a Birthday tailgate that weekend. I hope there will be a second meeting of NLU/Grueter Golf.

4 Likes

Any news regarding registration @gruetergolf @MerchCzar ???

Btw, loved the podcast.

2 Likes

The people want to know!

2 Likes

The podcast was great. If you haven’t listened yet, I highly recommend you do so

1 Like

Co signing on the podcast being fantastic. Verrrry interested to see more details on the event. Would love to get up there if I can convince my wife to be my partner

2 Likes

I’ll ask the dumb question - what podcast should I be listening to?

The Grueter Golf Podcast Low Expectations latest episode is with Merchie. If you liked that, they also had DJ Pie on previously as well as a few LPGA players.

2 Likes

on the @djpie episode, it was I that posed the question of how he is the thumb to the NLU hand… the @gruetergolf illuminati are wonderful, accessible gals.

1 Like

GUYS I am a MORON and somehow just saw this thread? (I never finished the #YearofTheUnsubscribe on my gmail account, so it is cloggggged up in there :upside_down_face: )

Since we’re among friends, a few details:

1. Looking to open registration in the next couple of weeks :eyes:
  2. NLU will have a ticket block to open to Nest members, and GG will open their block to Grueter Golf Ladies Club members first.
    2a) If you’re into numbers, your odds of snagging a ticket are higher if you are a GG member. If your heart is set on attending, take a look at the Grueter Golf Ladies Club membership. It’s female-identifying only, but if you’re a guy, it might make a really great gift for your lady friend who you have been trying to sell on golf! Our current hubs are NYC, Baltimore, Chicago, Philly, and soon DC. There are a ton of sweet perks included for a very reasonable yearly fee… discounts to our events, 20% off at Five Iron Golf, 30% off from Wilson Golf, 20% off of Arccos Caddie, 23% off from Foray Golf, new perks from Adidas coming soon… plus a yearly gift & other stuff! Whole thing is designed to enable a raging golf addiction. Happy to give more details if you’re interested.
  3. Solo tickets are a thing! There will be free agent cartboi/ free agent #GrueterGolfGirl tickets. Put your fate in our hands and we’ll match you up with a suitable partner.

So fuckin pumped that there is so much hype for this! Feel free to fire off more questions and I’ll do my best to answer 'em.

17 Likes

Me every morning until I snag a golden ticket for the event

3 Likes

Great to see you in the thread— I’ve really enjoyed following all of the GrueterGolf stuff on instagram and whatnot lately! Glad to hear there’s going to be some more stuff in DC in the future. I have a proxy question from my girlfriend: do y’all know the format yet? It’d be great to bring her out to one of these events finally, but she’s a pretty casual golfer (we usually walk the DC munis and she’ll drop her ball in the fairway since there aren’t good forward tees) and if it’s individual stroke play or something similar we might hold out for something more local.

1 Like

I’m in the same boat, my wife is a super casual player at best but I think this could be a really fun format for us to do together if it’s not super competitive/high intensity or anything like that.

1 Like

Alright, below are the deets on the Mix Troubles event in September!

Mixed Troubles Registration

• September 11, 2021 at Watchung Valley Golf Club

• Ticket includes 27 holes of golf with a cart + BBQ lunch + Tee gift + Col’ beer

• Cost:

• $250 individual
    • $480 for a twosome (small incentive to sign up as a team)
  • Teams must be co-ed (but do not have to be couples)

• Format will be some form of a quota game based on handicap (exact details to be announced in advance of the tournament).

• Players without a handicap are allowed and encouraged to sign up for the event, but they will be automatically given a 10 handicap to ensure those competing for the 4 NIT spots available have are legitimate handicapped players.

• If you sign up as an individual we will pair you up randomly with a partner!

Registration Opens this Thursday morning for Nest members (Only one member of the team has to be a Nest member to have access to early sign up). We have 52 spots available with 20 spots going to couples (40 total participants) and 12 available for individuals that want to be paired up randomly with a Co-ed partner

• Registration will be open through Monday, June 7th, and we will do a lottery to determine who gets in (read: it’s not first come, first serve).

Look out for registration link in this thread Thursday morning, and confirmed attendees will get an email with sign up details next Monday afternoon, June 7th.

Please reach out to @Privatecollection, @gruetergolf, and me with questions!

Thanks,
Neil

17 Likes

@LPondgolf you dont carry a handicap right? I think you’d be a scary 10

16 Likes

Listen, professional status will also be taken into account!

6 Likes