Midwest Golf Trips

For those that have been to GR - any recommendations on lodging? Any stay and play or is an AirBnB/VRBO the best bet?

Coldwater Golf Links in Ames, Iowa. Great links style course and its under $60 with cart on the weekends!

From St. Louis but live in Kansas City now.

Don’t bother with St. Louis, not much of a golf destination.

However I would either recommend Branson, MO or Prairie Club up in Valentine, NE.

My wife and I went to PC a few years back with some friends and the golf is unreal. Two courses, Pines and Dunes. A Gil Hanse short course. The lodging is comfortable and the food is good.

Tough to beat, although I’d like to make it to Sand Valley in the next few years.

I’ve been meaning to put Prairie Club in here. Its such a long trip to get there so it’s hard to sell people on it, but pretty much perfect if all you want to do is golf and get away. Last year I went up there for 2 days and another day at Dismal River. Planning on doing the same this summer + Wild horse.

Our season is generally late March/early April to early November.

Best combination of rates to conditions falls in the late April days when “spring rates” are still in effect. Depending on the course, you can also play into early May as well. Softer conditions (pending on where you’re at) and weather in the mid-high 60’s.