The Duck Club presents: The Tussle at Tarandowah (ON): 2021, June 11-12

Would be super happy to do one round Friday / two Saturday / one Sunday (likely somewhere else on Friday or Sunday?) just to make a mega-weekend of it. Aiming for three rounds of competitions plus either a warm-up / hangover cure…

4 Likes

I’m all about dates.
High school and grade school graduations, parents 50th anniversary festivities. Busy June.

Hopefully the stars align.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah I think plan 3. Make 2 or all part of the competition and let people plan bonus rounds once people know their availability

3 Likes

The Duck Club Dustup

This is :100::100::100::fire::fire::fire::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s what I’m leaning towards.

3 rounds of competition.

Foursomes on the Friday afternoon, something fun on the Saturday morning, 1 v 1 matchplay on Saturday afternoon.

Everyone raises money as part of their participation. All money raised will be donated to the TBD charity in the name of the winning team.

4 Likes

I really like that combo. Perfect.

Doesn’t have to be Friday/Saturday either. My idea could run Saturday/Sunday.

Tron talked on the nest pod about 2021 NIT events being double headers, with golf and another sport involved. Due to covid regulations this likely wouldn’t work, but it’d be sick to play some pickup hockey on Saturday night as well.

2 Likes

A friend of mine suggested we petition Tarandowah to let us camp out there. Turning the whole parking lot into a street hockey rink would be pretty sick too.

1 Like

Mini-stick tournament in the hotel hallway?

4 Likes

Now that brings back memories.

There is an arena like 20 minutes away. The only thing I’m good at in hockey is standing in front of the goalie and banging in junk goals. It’s a glorious job.

2 Likes

I’ll be keeping an eye on this. I’ll be heading to Ontario at some point in 2021 and would love to make this work.

4 Likes

I can skate and have decent vision and an ok shot.

Hands of fucking stone.

1 Like

I’ve been on skates before, at least once. But I might propose cricket as the alternative sporting pursuit - very civilised, you stop for meals, and a driving range would make a perfect makeshift pitch!

1 Like

Tagging in @alhunter who just remembered his login info. Alex, throw this on the calendar for next spring!

6 Likes

Update: Tarandowah GM will have pricing to me sometime this week.

Estimates are based on 24 people, so lets hope the border opens up so we can get some yanks up here, too.

5 Likes

What are you quoting on? Days/tee times/tourney package etc?

54 holes per person over 2 days with drink vouchers and food vouchers included.

1 Like