Memphis Area Golf

Heading from STL to Memphis in a couple months for a buddies trip. Playing a couple rounds at Tunica and we are looking to stick around Memphis for a couple days and play some more golf. My basic research which usually just consists of Golfweek’s list of best courses you can play has returned limited results for quality golf in the area. As of now it looks like my best options are Mirimichi (which I played several years ago) and heading over to Arkansas for 27 holes at The Ridges at Village Creek. Was also told Kirkwood National may be a decent option. Don’t mind driving an hour or so outside of the city if needed. Maybe I should just convince my group to drive the extra 5 hours to Sweetens!

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It’s worth calling TPC Southwind to see if there is any availability.

If TPC Southwind doesn’t pan out, you could look into Old Waverly in West Point MS. It’s probably a solid 2 hours from south side of Memphis though. Next door to it is a new place I’ve not seen called Mossy Oak. Waverly is great and I’ve heard M.O. is better.

Another option would be to hit Dalhousie G.C. in Cape Girardeau on the drive home.

Thought about heading to play Mossy Oak and Old Waverly but trying not to get too much further away and I think we want to hang out in Memphis for a couple nights. Mossy Oak looks pretty sick though, might have to head there another time. I’ve always wanted to play Dalhousie so I will look into that for sure. Thanks!

Going to be driving to Mardi Gras and have a tee time at Mossy Oak to split up the drive. Very excited. Has anyone walked this course? I assume the moniker “Nature’s Golf” would insinuate the walking would be preferred.

Never been there but based on their website I think they would prefer you to walk (and take a caddy). Looks like a forecaddie is required if you take a cart.