Maxamania, Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) May 22, 2021

Hell yes he does! Awesome picture.

1 Like

Was there to witness it too. Great shot indeed

The mini belts really buck their head when you realize they make two Ms upside down.

9 Likes

Guis, this weekend was a spiritual experience. Cannot thank @JBors @JDGAFFLIN and everyone else involved enough for putting on such a phenomenal event.

Let’s cut to the highlight reel

• Walking into Biercamp after a four hour drive to be greeted by my long lost brother @paroutfromhere

• Harassing @jimithng23 and his group on 4 green from Biercamp

• UMGC- I will dream about this course every night while I plot and scheme to play more Mackenzie and Maxwell courses. I would do terrible things to play this course on a regular basis .Shoutout @eatonsb for being such a great host and sherpa

• Riding the bogey train with @DevonCoates (he didn’t like it as much as I did)

• Making the pilgrimage to Lafayette Coney Island

• Finally donning the Nature Boy robe and getting a last second spark of inspiration to add the tour visor

• Cloud cover and rain courtesy of @OliveLoaf

• Rackham GC- what a great course. Everything that a muni should be- accessible, wide and strategic with great greens. This might be the perfect course for a Refuge event.

• Running the Refuge Matches IG account all day and @ChickPhilA stepping in to get primo coverage

• Costco bag of Liquid IV with the water- seriously, such a classy move

• Total and complete domination by The Fore Horsemen

• Labatt Blue

• Gentlemen’s agreement with @SpartanButters for a proper derby (and my prompt elimination)

• Alt shot, shamble and traj envy with @CinderellaStory

• Buddy’s pizza

• Chasing daylight and squeezing in as much golf as possible

24 Likes

This was classy AF. Real class act move that you will only ever get from someone wearing a robe and a wig. Don’t try this at home.

7 Likes

Might be in my Top 3 moments of the trip, right here.

Pure sickos, playing the game we love, with the people we enjoy.

Not much better.

What a great weekend.

8 Likes

traj envy

No one in the history of the refuge has been jealous of the moonball.

2 Likes

I’m definitely no @TCRBrad and I didn’t want to distract myself from just enjoying a wonderful day, but I did manage to grab a few pics along the way:

@Jbors and @tron

@JDGAFFLIN

@Double_Bogey_Dave raising the belt!

JDGafflin, @heater, and @duffing_in_detroit during our 8-man alt-shot

@Pinehurts

Eli channeling his Phil “focus” on the tee

My personal favorite of the day - heater’s luscious locks flying!

@theclv24

AJ - sorry didn’t catch screen name:

Looks like our alt-shot has grown to 10 now with Andy and Dan:

@MrChickPhilA on the 16 tee for the derby!

Had to go panoramic for the derby crew:

And finally, my wife enjoying our evening loop as long as she doesn’t have to swing a club!

30 Likes

These are GREAT!!!

Looks like a great event and a great day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@UncleTone i believe

1 Like

@MattyB I had so much fun one on one with you those last few holes of the horse race. I couldn’t have lost to a more worthy champ! You will represent us (Detroit/Rackham/Maxamania) well down in Jax!

3 Likes

@juantucara has best short game I’ve ever seen. Truly aspirational. Epic showdown!

3 Likes

At my first kinda normal thing “post covid” (foo fighters concert inside at MSG, NYC) and in line for some food and this is next to me. Pretty cool.

18 Likes

Hey everyone, I have some unfortunate news.

I reached out to @heater recently to see if he was interested in a round since we had a great time playing at Maxamania, and he informed me that he had a bad accident and had been in the hospital for the past month. He passed along some more info today, and it sounds like he has a long road to recovery after a spinal injury in a diving accident up north.

There are more details at the gofundme page below. The Ability Lab in Chicago is pretty legit, so let’s hope they get him back on his feet and back on the golf course for future Maxamania’s :crossed_fingers:. Appreciate you guys!

6 Likes

Damn. That’s Terrible. Thanks for sharing.

I had a blast playing with him in the afternoon. I’m going to donate right now.

2 Likes

I donated as well, this whole situation sounds awful

1 Like

What’s up my fellow Maximanians. I wanted to put this in here as well.

I’m raising money for the First Tee of Greater Detroit and playing 100 holes next month.

I’m giving away a dozen custom-number TP5 or TP5x to three different people in a raffle/spin thing. Tickets are $10 each, and I’m going to stop it once we hit 50. You can sign up here, and learn more from the Daily Deals thread post. Max White First Tee 100 hole raffle - Google Sheets

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/daily-deals-2-0-everyone-jonesn-for-more-blind-draws/38881/4243?u=detroitgolfer19

2 Likes

Major Development over here - after a couple of delays over the summer, Max has a brand new lift to ride up and down the stairs! He’s now over 40 lbs (and squirmy), so carrying him up and down the stairs of our house is becoming more of a task. And the best part is he really likes the ride!!

This won’t be the last piece of making our house just a little more accessible, but I wanted to share with the group because all of you crazy sickos helped make it possible.

I haven’t said it enough, so on behalf of Max and our whole family - THANK YOU!! Hoping to see each and every one of you again soon.

Todd

56 Likes

Dude that’s so good to see. I needed this heart warming moment. His laugh is the friggin best!

3 Likes

Is this event happening again in 2022?