Maxamania, Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) May 22, 2021

3 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

I may or may not have procured the shirt in that thumbnail

Many are questioning how a two-time winning team member (and 1-0 in match play) at Avon Fields events fell that far down the board.

3 Likes

Hey everyone -

We are asking everyone to lock in their handicaps on Monday. You can update this on the “pairings” tab, which will automatically calculate your course handicap for you to use during the event.

Because we have NIT spots and absolutely sick awards on the line, we want to make sure those competing have an actual algorithm based handicap. There is an extra column in the tab for handicap source, whether its GHIN, Grint, CDGA, a random app, etc etc. If your handicap is “probably a 10 because I usually shoot 10 over,” please download an app and put in your last several scores so you can have something official.

Ask:

• Update your handicap in the sheet early next week
  • Provide the source of your handicap
  • If you don’t have one, download an app (like Grint) and get one!
  • If you fail to do this, you can still participate in the team event but will be ineligible for any of the individual awards/NIT spots
9 Likes

Where is the sheet at?

2 Likes

Very sick. Was not on it. Whoops.

You are on the pairings tab…

1 Like

Found it!

Might need a crash course in excel for the merch knight

5 Likes

Was confirmed not on the Confirmed tab

6 Likes

Hey Guise, is anyone playing UMGC on Sunday with room for 2 more? And if not, can one of the pass holders make a reservation on Sunday for @OTPLefty and me? I’m an alum, but not a pass holder, so can’t book until a week out, and it looks like everything’s filling up.

Speaking of UMGC, we have a single opening for our 236 tee time on Friday afternoon. There’s a bunch of us playing there throughout the day so it’d be great to have one more join.

I might be able to make that. Just have to figure out if I’m working the night shift that day or not

I came here to dust it up with @desertduffer but I don’t have energy today.

Where is everyone partying Friday?

2 Likes

If anyone is looking for an awesome brewery in Detroit, Eastern Market Brewing Co. has a massive outdoor space and great IPAs. I’m bias because I’m a 15-minute walk there. https://instagram.com/easternmarketbrewing?igshid=n8bmnc2mphdq

4 Likes

Is Detroit weed-friendly? Like, do you get a ticket or thrown in jail?

Ton of dispensaries around Detroit for recreational, but dispensaries in the city are medicinal only. I wouldn’t openly walk around smoking in the city, but you can carry it. I’m not sure about other cities that have a lot of dispensaries like Ferndale and Hazel Park, near Rackham.

1 Like