March Mudness Part 3 2023

Did some Mudness prep today in Peoria.

30° at the start of the round had the ball not jumping off the club face.

7 Likes

Madison?

I just got an email that Kellogg opens next week. That was but far my favorite track when I lived down there.

2 Likes

Yep.

Haven’t played Kellogg yet since moving here. Good to know it’s opening up next week. I had missed that email.

I’m gonna try and get out Thursday to get some reps in as well. Need to sharpen up if I’m gonna play to my handicap

2 Likes

I definitely played well above my handicap so you’ll probably be just fine.

2 Likes

Is it possible for me to play above my already very high handicap?? Many people are asking…

(yes it is)

7 Likes

Anything Is Possible Chris Pratt GIF - Anything Is Possible Chris Pratt Parks And Rec - Discover & Share GIFs

4 Likes

Folks, only two people out of 70 or whatever beat their quota last year. Two! The mudness comes for us all

8 Likes

condities were not the best for scoring last year.

1 Like

17 Likes

I have decided to add three mystery bottles of whisk(e)y for the Raffle. Each of the three bottles will represent a whisk(e)y from the preeminent golfing nations: that is, Ireland, Scotland, and the good ole U. S. of A. The sum of these three bottles values will be approximately $100ish, not necessarily equally portioned out. Bids will be accepted on each of the three bottles separately. Trading after the fact will be at the discretion of the bid winners.

I shall call this the Whisk(e)y Three Way.

12 Likes

If you’re off with an odd number of lefties, it’s my first MM this year so I am a spare lefty. I guess.

3 Likes

:raising_hand_man: present

3 Likes

Can I get one of these, please?

1 Like

Team -

Big logistics email will be sent tomorrow a.m.

Announcement coming soon.

20 Likes

Any spots still open?

5 Likes

9 Likes

Hello Friends!

OK let’s get this dance party started.

Event Workbook is here – this is where we manage Mudness each year.

We have a full field of more than 70 golfers which is exciting! An amazing turnout with no help with promotion from the NLU social/newsletters/etc. It’s a pleasure to organize this for our little corner of the weird internet world.

No on to business:
WHEN & WHERE&COST
Shotgun starts at 11:00 a.m. – Think the late start works great and my ass has to drive all the way down from Wisco this year. Will give frost time to burn off if we face that.
10:00 am – Arrive
10:45 – Short Kickoff
11:00 – Shotgun starts
3:00 p.m. – Shotgun ends
3:00-4:00 – quick hang, @djheadley and I will tabulate the cut and do raffle prizes
4 to sunset – More golf, the cut winners sudden death matches

It will be at the National Kankakee Elks Country Club Golf Links of America. National.
https://www.elksgolf627.com/

Cost should again be $40 walking which will include lunch. I’ll confirm this with Jim, and I think it’s a bit more to ride. But it’s cheap AF. All charitable stuff is separate, your $20 venmo IS NOT INCLUDED in this, i use that for tee gifts. So you will owe the full $40 at Kankakee.

RAFFLE
Let’s raise so me money for the First Tee of Chicago shall we?

Shout out to these people for donating raffle prizes:
djheadley andrewf BabblingBrooksKoepka TeddyPargame Wyclef TheAbeFroman kqunell Pinehurts Kerry trajmahal Delirioustim !

We need more items, so if you’d like to add something, do it! To the 2023 Raffle Prizes Tab of the workbook.

Everyone that donates an item will receive one of our t-shirts and stocking hats from last year.

Top raffle prizes are of course the golf rounds at Skokie, Blacksheep, and Olympia Fields, but lots of other great stuff in there, too.

And if ff we sell more than 100 raffle tickets I’ll host two people at Skokie.

Raffle Prize Cost:
1- $30
2- $50
5- $100

You buy raffle tickets in two steps, all self regulated.

1. Make a donation directly to the First Tee of Chicago USING THIS LINK! DO NOT VENMO ME! THESE ARE STRAIGHT DONATIONS.

RAFFLE LINK

1. Put your name in the spreadsheet corresponding to the correct number of tickets you bought. It’s the honor’s system. Just like golf right?

Four random people who buy raffle tickets will also be thrown into a drawing to win a First Tee Peter Millar pullover and a speaqua golf ball speaker – so 8 total winners here. LOTS OF WINNING YA WINNERS!

GAME!
The game will be quota. You need a handicap for this game.
This is how you play quota

@djheadley and @PinkPantser can be the official compeition committee to workshop all takes on the game and help discuss any modifications.

We need to sort out what tees to play cause I forget what we do each year.

Let’s do a Sweet 16 cut this year. we’ll do four groups of four starting at 4 or so on 17, 18, 1, and 2. We’ll need some golf carts nearby to haul people around.

It’s just a hole by hole net match play tournament from here on out. Can pop off the low guy in the group. We’ll eventually go from four groups to 1, then to 2 golfers, etc. Happened pretty quick last year with 8.

We will do KP on all of the par 3’s to win a First Tee of Chicago corkcicle mug thing (for any of your beverage chilling needs, shout out corkcicle, long time supporter of march mudness and first tee of Chicago).

PRIZES
Quota Champ will win the quota ball! Which has been in the possession of @Loganbrimberry since last year

Grand Prize trophy is here:

At this point, “that’s it”. We used to get NIT invites for this and more, but as the events ecosystem has gone corporate it appears Mudness has been left behind. I don’t really care, we fill up this event either way, but on behalf of the field I’ll humbly tag in @Double_Bogey_Dave and @sundaybag to see if i have this wrong. Or maybe @EConroy419 EDIT- dave said we get one NIT spot because mudness is the best of what’s around

Nevertheless, you’ll get a pretty cool trophy that I put together last year that sorta looks like a well-done junior high art project.

On to more “STUFF”:

TEE GIFTS:
March Mudness 2023 caddie towel:

There will be one more tee gift that I will announce when I receive the item. It is sick fucking sick dot gif I promise. And combined they were $20, eating up your whole “recommitment fee”. I have the receipts to prove it!

I also ordered the extra limited edition three peat Mudnes crewneck sweatshirts and t shirts. So if your name is on the spreadsheet, I will send you a venmo request and you can pick them up at the event.

You pay me for these, as I fronted the money. And I’ll tack $10 on to the cost per item, and will donate that $10 to First Tee. $10 upcharge over cost for @rlsiii’s time to design it and my time to order it is more than fair.

PAIRINGS
Yer boi is on a flight to Denver. I have to pee super bad. And I want to read some of my book #goals. I’ll do the pairings early next week, probably on my flight back Tuesday. Make sure your requested partners are in the workbook by then.

OK, i think that’s it. But of course, if you see something, say something.

CRAIC ON.

LET US GO LAUNCH THEM.

AND ALSO WITH YOU.

18 Likes

Shout out to these people for donating raffle prizes:
@djheadley @andrewf @BabblingBrooksKoepka TeddyPargame @Wyclef @TheAbeFroman @kqunell @Pinehurts @Kerry @trajmahal @Delirioustim !

6 Likes

There will be 1 NIT spot for March Mudness

24 Likes