So when I did this last year I found what works best is to keep the scoring simple, focused on what you want to accomplish, and for the most part positive (gaining points as opposed to losing points, though that can be a component)
We’ve had some discussion on the Workouts and Diet thread and here is a distillation of the basic ideas people have put forth. These are up for debate and once we get everyone in then we can hammer down any changes/additions/deletions:
-Start Monday, January 6th and run for 6 weeks ending on Monday, February 17th
-Weekly check-ins every Monday for the previous week’s point tally
10 points for:
- Each day you workout - a 20 minute run, lifting, walking 9/18 holes of golf, shoveling for 30 minutes, going for a two mile walk etc.
- Each day you don’t consume alcohol (though we could also include vaping/cigarettes/gambling on golf or any other vice you might want to stop doing)
- Each day you stay within a set caloric level
- .10 loss in body fat % - so measure body fat on the first and last day of the competition and then add up the points at the end. This could be a sensitive topic so we could simply say the % change at the end.
2 points for:
- Reading a book, charitable works, other things approved by the group
- If have more than 4+ drinks in one day
5 extra points for:
- Working out the day after you have 4+ drinks
Lets try to get all these details settled by Saturday, Jan 4th.
Also, if someone is skilled at setting up an Excel spreadsheet that might be the easiest way to keep track - each week people just add their point totals in.