Last Thing You Buiied

I got these for my groomsmen in November with their name and date on the gold plate on the top. They were very well received.

1 Like

Cool headcover, bro, but I think we’ve got you covered when it comes to astronauts. :wink:

4 Likes

Not gonna deny that lol (apparently 54 have come from the Naval Academy). 25 is still pretty good for an ag school in the midwest though!

2 Likes

On the one hand, Purdue has definitely produced more astronauts than any non-military academy.

Oooooooooon the other hand, a lot of Purdue astronauts were grad students at Purdue after doing undergrad in military academies—only 8 Purdue astronauts were civilians prior to astronaut selection.

What I’m saying is, the real “Cradle of Astronauts” is obviously Houston, Texas.

1 Like

Guys, I am already signed up for the Detroit duel and Minny event. Please don’t start an astronaut related duel. My wallet can’t take it and my inner nerd won’t allow me to miss it. Thank you.

4 Likes

I’m a 51 year old man and I’m still coming to terms with my relationship with USNA anyway. 3.5 years there. Separated at a medical review board halfway through my firstie (senior) year due to vision and a bad knee. I admit I was not a good Midshipman my last year there after failing the pre-commissioning physical. Unmotivated, undisciplined. I decided a few years back to embrace my past there, because none of my peers (including me) realized I spent my last 2 years there with a ruptured disc in my back-- everything was a lot harder than it should have been. I earned my right to talk about USNA.

Trivia: once got bashed on peer reviews because I played 27 holes of golf one semester “when I should have been working.”

2 Likes

“I challenge you to a duel…in zero gravity”

3 Likes

Best idea on the refuge. Bar none. I accept.

Shit

1 Like

Now we just have to get to the moon. I’m sure we’ll figure something out. Anyone know if Elon Musk is a lurker?

giphy

My wife would kill me if she saw a flight to the moon on the credit card statement.

8 Likes

Nothing too exciting, but found an EvenFlow LBue 65g 6.0 on eBay for $70. Swapping it out for the rebar (HZRDS Yellow 75g 6.5) that is currently in there as soon as I get it. That shaft will also be coming to the Silk Road soon…

1 Like

Just bought a Sun Mountain 2.5 plus bag and a new BCN towel, as my original was left somewhere on the grounds of pinehurst.

3 Likes

Guerrilla marketing at its finest. I’mProudOfYa.gif

1 Like

They are playing checkers, we are playing chess.

1 Like

Decided to finally replace my 12 year old Big Berthas. Bought a used set of M2 irons (4 to AW in “very good” condition) from Global Golf.

Arrived today and was very happy to see that “very good” meant hardly hit at all, with the 5, 6 and 7 still in plastic.

image image

9 Likes

Hooooo boy, we like that

4 Likes

Isn’t that MIT? (from a 10 seconds search…)

After not seeing anything on the Silk Road, I decided to dabble in eBay again. Currently squabbling with some gui named Waseem who was supposed to send me an M5 Tour driver and instead it’s a regular M5. And that’s enough eBay for awhile…

Looking further into it, I truly cannot find a well-sourced list. MIT published something in like 2001 that said they had educated 31 astronauts—safe to say that a few more have been selected since then—but Purdue also claims 25 astronauts on one website and 40 on another. You’d probably have to go selection class by selection class to make a definitive statement, because even two articles published after the most recent selection class seem to have different numbers.

Gonna be honest, I might get bored enough to do this later tonight waiting for Tourist Sauce.

1 Like