Landmand GC

Everything about this project seems great. I love the fact that their goal is to build a great and publicly accessible golf course.

Also from the article:

Collins has a rather colorful description for the site. “It’s like Sand Hills and Shinnecock Hills had a baby,” he says. “And they put a little LSD in its milk.”

7 Likes

tracking

This looks like such a cool project. Can’t wait to see it shape up!

It’s only 280 miles from Minneapolis too.

This could be an annual destination, especially early or late in the season for us northern folk.

6 Likes

Refuge MN Contingent annual trip, sign me up!

4 Likes

83 miles from door to door for me

2 Likes

Membership is limited to 100 members, you could be one! Maybe even member #1

If this place turns out to be an 18 hole version of Sweeten’s, then it just adds to how absurd the golf in Nebraska is, per capita.

2 Likes

Zac Blair signed them up to design the course he plans to build at the Buck Club in Utah, but until the funding is in place that project remains on hold.

Indeed, Collins has a rather colorful description for the site. “It’s like Sand Hills and Shinnecock Hills had a baby,” he says. “And they put a little LSD in its milk.”

2 Likes

but not per square mile.

all the really great spots are a few hours drive between each other.

And the price points arent really Strapped material. but they could be a Tourist Sauce.

Wow you are right, I just mapped it and this course is closer to Minneapolis than it is to Sand Hills.

140 miles gets you across the entire state of massachusetts east-west (not including the cape). fucking hell

1 Like

same drive time as across nebraska though. lol

2 Likes

I’m glad this is its own thread now.

I’m really excited about Landmand GC. Only 90 minutes from Omaha! The property features over 200’ of elevation change. For comparison, Sand Hills has like 75’ across the property, and I remember some of those uphill (1, 18) and downhill (16) shots are drastic. I know [the owners] and am pumped to see what King-Collins can do with his land.

I’ve heard rumblings they are thinking like $75 for all-day play. Walking-only was the hope, but I don’t know how sustainable that would be.

3 Likes

inject this into my veins

8 Likes

Andersen had shown it to other designers. “Scott Miller and David McLay Kidd came out, but they thought it a bit extreme,” he says. “And we contacted Tom Fazio and Tiger Woods’s firms, but they weren’t interested.”

10 Likes

1 Like

Only 8h36m from Denver. Easy-peasy. I’ve made that Sioux City -> Omaha -> Denver drive a few times.

I drove out to Crofton NE one year and got caught in a blizzard. Had to spend the night in Columbus. Applebee’s was hopping.

1 Like

@aannddyy00 how is the lodging situation in Homer?

Honestly, not horrible up in Sioux City.

1 Like