CANCELED :( Lake City Jamboree, Couer d’Alene, ID, July 17-19

I played a few weeks back and they’ll allow anyone to walk due to covid-19. 10th to 11th has to be a 5-600 yards. They run a commercial saying the typical golf course is 160 acres and circling raven is 620

1 Like

Man I’d LOVE to walk CR.

Though doing it at midday in July might be a bit spicy!

Those long walks between holes add up. I played in a scramble a couple weeks ago where (due to a shortage of power carts) we had to use our push-carts. Just by chance we ended up starting/finishing as far away from the club house as we could get. I just google maps’d it and it added an additional 1400 yards round trip.

Funnily enough I track the amount I walk over a course and on average it’s just over 6 miles a round. Which is pushing 11,000 yards. Most courses are 6,500 - 7,000 yards. So it just to show how those extra bits add up.

Plus my zigzagging down the fairway.

4 Likes

Hi guys :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Eric you’re in the wrong thread…

3 Likes

Gross please keep this thread clear of such clutter. Otherwise I’ll have to report you and @aannddyy00 to the one true president, @Double_Bogey_Dave.

1 Like

First things first Dave. Bibimbap > shawarma

Also, Daves a populist usurper. You’ll soon recognize the mistake you all made. My avatar will soon seem prescient.

5 Likes

Wait did you see my last handle?? I’m with you brother

Secondly, hell yeah im always down for a revolution

3 Likes

I’m all seeing, and all knowing.

2 Likes

The Resort are pushing me to confirm tee time reservations on the 18th.

How we all feeling about commitments…

1 Like

Bibimbap is miles better than schwarma. We are in agreement there.

There is at least one thing you didn’t see.

4 Likes

It’s not looking great for @Sarah

Nope :frowning: - Can’t say I"m surprised

Maybe @MarkInVictoria and I should arrange the Victoria weekend at the same time!

3 Likes

Shit, that sounds ominously like they’re not going to open the US to IK travel either. Which will fuck me.

2 Likes

Surely that is soley for the common people and wouldnt apply to an august body such as yourself.

2 Likes

You still can’t go first class when the plane doesn’t leave Heathrow. :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Dont you fly private with diplomatic privileges Im surprised you use heathrow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not a huge fan of small planes for long flights. Claustrophobia.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

After talking with some of our other planners, especially our international friends in @The_Cad_Says and @Sarah, we’ve decided to cancel this weekend. Really a bummer and something I’ve been fighting for a few weeks, but there’s just too much going on to expect folks to be able to travel consistently.

CDA has the makings of a fantastic weekend of golf, especially on the water in the summer, so we didn’t want to attempt this half cocked and instead hope to reschedule a similar weekend and itinerary sometime in the future, when we have a bit more stability in travel.

I hope everyone is well and look forward to seeing you out there soon!

5 Likes