Iowa Strapped - Rebranding to The Butter Cow

Not ideal. Family planning for athletes is a real thing.

I had to take my name off the list unfortunately. That weekend is the weekend we are doing our annual family golf tournament (The Reiter Cup). Was really hoping to make this one. Golf and the state fair is a tough combo to beat.

Dude. Zac Blair had his newborn out on the course within hours* of birth

*(Give or take a few days)

4 Likes

Uhhh is my bedroom available for that weekend?

1 Like

My bedroom may not be available that weekend haha.

Speaking of free accommodations, I will likely have a bed & a couch available that weekend for anyone on a truly Strapped budget.

1 Like

As things stand, I donā€™t have anything on the calendar for this weekend. But, it is only the 2nd weekend that is currently open after my wedding in June. So Iā€™d say Iā€™m a very tentative yes at this stage

1 Like

Perfect chance to set the standards of the marriage :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Our honeymoon is the week following the event, had to make sure i spent time with both important things in my life.

2 Likes

Some people are saying Veenker Golf Course is the Pasatiempo of Central Iowa.

6 Likes

I think Maxwell lived off the 11th green :grin:

1 Like

Mike, donā€™t you know Vernon Maxwell went to the University of Florida (shoutout to William Ho) and NOT Iowa State. Seriously though, there is an eccentric property along the 5th hole that I could see an architectural savant holing up in for decades.

1 Like

Looks like for an NIT spot we need 40 guys. Were currently 4 short. If anyone else is interested sign up or convince a buddy!

3 Likes

Signed up. @BadBrad alerted me to this at the Burban Memorial last weekend. Have to clear this with legal, and we are expecting to start hosting an exchange student around this time in August, but no firm dates yet. Figure I need to squeeze in as much golf as possible before that happens. Perhaps I can convince them to take a tour of select Midwest cities? First up, Des Moines!

@lazyjk letā€™s run it back brother!

6 Likes

Itā€™s on my radar. Opeā€™n 2 takes precedent but itā€™s not finalized so if it falls through for whatever reason Iā€™ll plan to be in Iowa.

5 Likes

Alright, I am very interested. Need to somehow convince the wife to let me leave her and the what will be a 6 month old at home for this. Any suggestions?

Short 4.5 hour drive over from Peoria.l definitely helps.

6 Likes

Tell her you get to play with a bunch of your future roomies at the Divorce Shack?

4 Likes

Iā€™ll workshop it a bit. Need to find the right time to ask her, when she is in a particularly giving mood. Maybe I can jump on a moment when the baby is being extra cute and she has the dopamine flowing.

2 Likes

Tell her you get to play the infamous ā€œGlory Hole.ā€

4 Likes

Iā€™ve heard a well-written letter works wondersā€¦

5 Likes