Iowa Strapped - Rebranding to The Butter Cow

Forget the Ope’n. Need a MN crew Airbnb for the weekend.

2 Likes

Wife currently has this weekend penciled for a girls trip, so I’m probably unable to make it. However, I’ve flipped the thread to tracking as she technically hasn’t locked anything up yet so there’s a slim chance.

8 Likes

I got the go ahead to attend as long as I bring the clan with me. I told her there will be copious amounts of golf played so they are more than willing to come but to not plan on seeing me much, except as the Bud tent of course.

6 Likes

Was hoping the event lined up with my 20 year hs reunion but alas, it wasn’t meant to be.

Hope it’s an annual event so I can make it one of these years!

5 Likes

I’ll be heading up from Kansas City! Can’t wait to meet some more fellow nesters!

6 Likes

Road trip. We are talking about getting a massive Airbnb there.

3 Likes

Just became aware of this little shindig. I live about 4 blocks from Waveland if you need anything I’d be happy to help. Trying to scour the 186 (now 187) posts for a signup link.

4 Likes

I’m an idiot. I signed up for this last year. @rmbartell @djheadley come over and play the original Strapped courses.

6 Likes

If it wasn’t on the weekend of my 1 year anniversary with my 1st wife then I would be all in, but alas I have to appease the lady of the house this year

9 Likes

Hope the 2nd wife is more understanding next time :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11 Likes

With the updated list I have officially gotten ourselves Friday times reserved from 8-9:30am at Coldwater and 2-3:30 at Veenker. Waveland confirmed our reservation as well a month ago. Just need to get specific times that coincide with Friday night sleep and maximum state fair enjoyment.

When should we try to start times Saturday am? Keep in mind rounds at Waveland can stretch to 5-6 hours the later you start.

• 8am
  • 9am
  • 10am

0 voters

6 Likes

Getting a mood board going for possible merch ideas after seeing the Strapped Iowa poster. I think STRAPPED with Iowa or NLU stuff in letters would be cool.

5 Likes

…and sad trombone.wav Have to bow out of this. Confirmed this is the week our exchange student is arriving. Was hoping it was going to be the week after.

Mike we didn’t speak of this before at the sycamore event but I volunteered to help create a trophy replicating the butter cow. That could/should be prominent if in fact we all agree that would be the trophy!

4 Likes

Im still good with that! Im more of a planning and idea guy. I lack the skills to create haha.

3 Likes

Is it too late to reroute them to Iowa?

2 Likes

If you could go ahead and schedule that flight to DSM…

7 Likes

Definitely interested in this!

2 Likes

When attending the Iowa State Fair, it’s important to wear the “appropriate” attire; this is the best I ever wore:

3 Likes

Was that on East siders night?

2 Likes