Inaugural Refuge PGA One and Done

OK I decided to start a new thread so everything is in one spot and instructions at the top. (Sorry @3wiggle).

Refuge One and Done Fantasy League for the 2020 PGA Season.
It will run from the Sony Open to the BMW Championship. (Skipping the Tour Net Championship)

If you are new to one and done leagues it is fairly simple. Pick one golfer every week before the tournament starts. Once you pick him he is gone. You get the FedEx Cup points he gets. If he misses the cut you get 0. It’s a fun way to stay invested every week of the long season.

$50 Entry fee. Paid here: https://paypal.me/pools/c/8llaFjvHAV
Put your refuge username in the payment so I can keep everything straight Do not add any other comments to your payment please.
Pay ASAP so we can get rolling next week with the Sony and I don’t want to hound you to pay. I will cover the first $50 of the pool fee (with the balance of my Heavyweights pot payout) which gets us to 50 entries. If we have more than 50, I’ll just take the difference out of the pot.

Payouts will depend on number of entries. Will pay at least the Top 3 finishers. I will update with payout amounts once we are rolling. The more entries we get the more spots we can pay out. See below for payout structures and more info

Please make your pool entry name match your Refuge Name just to keep it easy. I have used this website for a Majors Pool before but never a One and Done. Apologies in advance if it is kinda janky; I think it will get the job done.

https://www.runyourpool.com/join/pool_info.cfm?id=126173&p=icarito
Password: icarito

Give me a little slack as we are moving fast here and hopefully not breaking too many things (Shoutout @Lazstradamus) . Link/tag people you think might want to play. Gonna try to keep it to Refugees only, if you have friends interested, make them sign up for the Refuge.

01/06/2020 ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE COMPETITION COMMITTEE:

See below for details on our One and Done Season structure.

Format: There will be 3 ways to win money

• Season long standings for highest winnings ($ not Fed Ex Cup pts) - (Purse: $3,050)
    This one should be pretty straight forward. The website will collect both $ and Points, but we believe the default sorting will be based on points. When you are reviewing standings, make sure you SORT BY WINNINGS to see the standings. This is what we will use in weekly recap posts.

• Side Events - (Purse: $500)
    There will be 5 stretches during the season where you can earn additional money.
  1. California, here we come - The 5 consecutive California events near the start of the season.
  2. Florida Man - 4 consecutive Florida events in Feb/Mar
  3. WGC Stink Fest - The person with the LOWEST aggregate winnings will take home the prize here. Edit: You must pick a golfer in all 3 events to be eligible.
  4. Playoffs!? - The two playoff events plus Wyndam because why the hell not.
  5. Major SZN - Aggregate winnings for Masters, PGA, US Open, UKBOPBHMTQ, and John Deere Classic.

Note: To view the side event standings you can navigate to the “customer” section on the standings page. Again, remember to sort by winnings and not points. For WGC sort lowest to highest.

• Season long winners raffle - (Purse: $100)
    See details below.

SEASON SCHEDULE AND PAYOUT STRUCTURE (subject to change depending on final # of entries)

10 Likes

@Junkman23
@JMcColm
@bmr21
@Lackspopcantputt
@desertduffer
@flopasaurus
@kenn_tres
@slick
@madkins
@tacobucket

@Tommy_twoputts
@HibernatingBear
@BigBackstopping
@beckman3
@Tgilbert18
@Vaughanw22
@Just-a-little-right
@lawmi
@Wyclef
@DaveR

@clayreierson
@slips
@TheTexasWedge

Will send payment shortly. One thing we could do that I’ve done in other leagues is a “Lone Wolf Bonus”. Where if you are the only one to pick a winner in a given week, you get some sort of additional bonus.

4 Likes

I like that. Open to all ideas (to a point).
Will make final decisions on all that stuff once we have our pool size set and see how much cash we are dealing with.

I’m in. Payment sent.

1 Like

in. oh and I paid.

1 Like

I’m in

@HaveOuimet - do you need any help in running it?

1 Like

I have no idea. Diving in head first. Kinda like Secret Santa, learn on the fly.

5 Likes

In and paid

1 Like

In and paid

1 Like

Ohhhh yeah, posting to pay later today. Very in for a one and done. Could be my favorite thing since @Lazstradamus’ prop bets

1 Like

Hell yeah I’m in.

1 Like

In and paid

1 Like

In and paid

1 Like

In and paid

1 Like

In and paid

1 Like

In and paid