If you could win one major

Let me start with an apology if this has already been done. I ran a search and scrolled for awhile and didn’t see anything.

With threads comparing careers and picking which one you would hypothetically want over another it got me thinking…if you could only
win one, which one do you pick and why?

• The Masters
  • The PGA
  • The US Open
  • The Open

0 voters

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.43.12 PM

26 Likes

4 Likes

I really want to create a Y.E. Yang burner to vote for the PGA Championship.

4 Likes

I knew how the results would look, went with the heart anyway.

1 Like

Shit accidentally pressed the PGA on my phone. No way I actually want the PGA.

7 Likes

I could only hope my theoretical career would be good enough to have Andy and Brendan do a deep dive on it being a let down that I only won 1 major.

1 Like

You can change your vote or get ridiculed for the next 200 posts as I came here to do

3 Likes

Arnold Palmer and Tom Watson would happily have taken a PGA win.

4 Likes

So would Smylie.

1 Like

Fully expected to see The Masters boat racing the field.

A little bit shocked the US Open doesn’t have any votes yet.

That said, man the things I would do to have Mike Weir’s one Green Jacket.

1 Like

I thought it would be the front runner no doubt but I didn’t think it would be this lob sided right out of the gate.

Which one do you think is the most difficult to win?

2 Likes

Genesis Open, but of the social construct majors I’d pick the U.S. American Open presented by Uncle Sam if it’s at one of Torrey Pines/Pebble Beach/LACC, Riviera, Olympic Club, Harding Park, Chambers Bay, Oakmont, Shinnecock otherwise I’d pick the U.K. British Open presented by her Majesty

1 Like
  1. The Open at St Andrews
  2. The Masters
  3. The Open somewhere else
  4. US Open
  5. PGA
4 Likes

My own pecking order goes:

1. Masters
  2. The UK British Open Presented by Her Majesty The Queen
  3. US Open
  4. A Military Tribute At The Greenbrier
  5. PGA
2 Likes

Where is THE PLAYERS?

4 Likes

Smylie is so sick of people like you calling him the next Palmer…The next Watson. How about you just let him be Smylie?

1 Like

I’ve always wondered if the adoration for the Masters by non-US fans/players of the game is as great as mine is (born and raised in South GA with Masters up the road) for the Open Championship.

Clearly, Masters would be indescribable. But it really isn’t an auto-answer Masters as much as it used to be growing up.

Not sure what I’m getting at here but, man, I can’t count the hours I spent growing up thinking about this question. Thanks for bringing me back.

1 Like

Masters, simply because I’d love to be able to sit and listen to the stories during the champions dinner. I feel like that’s an experience unlike anything else, and certainly nothing like the perks of winning any of the others.

3 Likes

NIT
(Complete major)

1 Like