Heavyweights: Thicc Boys of the Refuge Unite!

My biggest suggestion for running is to start slow & build up from there. I couldn’t run more than 3-4 miles at the end of last year & now casually am doing 8-10 mile runs once a week with others sprinkled in. I do have a running background, but this has been the only fitness related thing for me during my weight loss journey & I have fallen back in love with the grind.

Also, an avid foam roller user after every run.

Not a runner anymore because of back problems but I use a foam roller almost every day in some way shape or form. Keeps my hamstrings and glutes loose which helps my back stay in check.
@aannddyy00 is the opposite of a heavyweight but also a firm believer in the foam roller.

3 Likes

Get after the piriformis boys

lax ball 4 lyfe

1 Like

any supplements? that have worked for anyone?

I would assume a hefty dose of Vitamin T would go a long way for some guys but that probably belongs with some weightlifters over in WORKOUTS

Don’t need that kinda stuff. I am old man strong and that is all I need for strength.

1 Like

Totally tongue in cheek.
I am not a supplement guy. Multivitamin and whey protein. But that thread does probably have some info on actual supplements.

1 Like

Rolling on a lacrosse ball is borderline erotic

you played lax?

what is this lax you speak of

It’s like field hockey but for guys

1 Like

Lacrosse, great game of the Americans

Oh, I know what that is.

yea in college

Fun fact, while everyone assumes hockey is Canada’s official sport, it’s actually lacrosse

2 Likes

I would argue lacrosse is America’s National sport invented by Native Americans prior to being mass murdered (cc @Lazstradamus)

1 Like

There is no argument here.
The origin of the sport is tough to pinpoint as it was being played by indigenous people up here and in the north east of the US going back hundreds of years (based on a tiny amount of research)
It can also be the national sport of the US too.
I mean soccer is the national sport of multiple countries around the world I would imagine.

1 Like

Bump agree bump

1 Like

Well holy shit. Just read through all the 500something posts…and I now know I’m not the only one who lets their weight get the best of them. After reading some of your stories and reasons, I realize I’m just lazy af. Used to be athletic and active. Almost 30 and no kids, ie no excuse.

No promises on how I get started here, but about time I go from fat back to husky.

4 Likes