Headed to Denver

Just got back from Denver last week. We played Bear Dance, Arrowhead, and Fossil Trace. All highly recommended.

Great information in the thread so far. I lived in Colorado Springs for six years and Denver for four. Plenty of great options. Has anyone ever been able to play the mythical Sanctuary course in Sedalia? As I understand, it’s a passion project by the RE/MAX owners and the only way you can play is by invitation or enter into the 15-20 charity events they put on each year.

Heading to Denver next week, and I plan on playing Arrowhead…Does anyone know if they do club rentals? It doesn’t look like it from their website.

I’m going with my girlfriend and want to sneak a round in, but since it’s the only round i’ll be getting in I don’t really feel like lugging my clubs onto a flight.

I can’t make it, but there is currently a $9.00 tee time at Bear Dance for tomorrow afternoon, if any locals are interested. May be able to play dumb and hold the shop to the ad.

I would also add Plum Creek if you want a pretty fun public Dye. Also, has anyone played Wellshire? I saw it was an old Ross but not sure if there’s any Ross left.

I’ve played Wellshire a few times and it’s got some of the Ross bones remaining. Last time I played it, which was way back in 2014, the conditioning was pretty average. Course is just too crammed together and having Hampton Road bordering the course makes you feel all the more claustrophobic.

One fantastic hole that I remember, was it 7? Dogleg left, valley between approach and green and a wild two or three tiered green with severe back to front slope. Also remember a quality reachable par 4 which might be hole 8.

Yeah, 7 and 8 are good holes. I’m pretty sure Hogan once said the 7th hole is the best Par 4 west of the Mississippi River.