Golf Course Maintenance grievances, stories, or general knowledge

Second day on the Deere sprayer tomorrow morning to deal with this on a few tees and a green. I promise this is my last post for the night I can’t start a coup in this thread from over posting on day 1

7 Likes

Update, no broken spray arms and everything was covered, was it pretty ? Not exactly, but we got it done and used the expected gallons and rate !

2 Likes

A little taste from this morning, there’s something extra special about fall sunrises.

These moments fuel the soul for the times when the job definitely isn’t as enjoyable.

25 Likes

Absolutely stunning.

Makes me feel a sense of serenity.

12 Likes

Yeah I was really lucky this morning to have a first job that was really quick and kept me ahead of the golfers. I spent a good 15 minutes just taking pictures and enjoying the amazing view in front of me.

3 Likes

blowing leaves out of bunkers before raking is a big pain in the fall, but getting the dew outta there for some light, dry sand conditions for raking is an unexpected W

1 Like

I can’t lie it’s a little bit of a chest as I personally dropped 1000lbs of sand in that bunker no less than a week ago along with no tree within 50yrds of the bunker.

Regardless we may be tarping it over soon as the coyotes are savages and just keep digging.

1 Like

I know your profile is private but if you’re in the industry and ever want another brain to rant at or bounce ideas off I would happily message you wherever is best for you.

2 Likes

yes, sorry, let’s be clear. coyotes can go to hell

1 Like

The pups were so cute this spring, and even as they did little digs it was forgivable. But when I bust my ass to make a bunker perfect it’s either relocation or uhh other terminal options.

2 Likes

I’m more impressed it’s taken this long for any action to be taken. When my 100ish lb girlfriend has to defend and play security detail to get the owner and their dog back to their truck safely I figured that would be the last straw lol

106 hours in 12 days and 18 days straight into the end of seasons stint.

Let’s all just cross all available fingers and toes for a rainy night and lovely morning to sleep in !

1 Like

I’d say don’t dox me but the nearest Nest member is a member at the course I work at…

1 Like

@JoeoftheNorth how much rainfall have you seen this summer? This was our situation one week before the women’s am this year…

2 Likes

Jeeesus. We had a pretty reasonable summer honestly, we didn’t see over 30c temps and had regular rain. I think we watered like 6 days and used the pump to fill the irrigation pond once.

It was a unicorn season so I expect to cook next year.

Completely unrelated, where are you hosting this video that embedded so wonderfully here on Discourse?

Nice. We got absolutely hammered this year and weirdly enough, it would always be anywhere between 50-150mm within a few hours. A nightmare season!

@JScore vimeo!

1 Like

God if we got that at our course we would be down for days, the drainage isn’t capable of dealing with really heavy flows. It’s a slow grind to get things right each fall.

1 Like

Yeah in total we were closed for something like 25 days - our drainage isn’t fantastic either!

1 Like

All we can do is maintain what’s grown in the dirt and bandaid what’s underground.

1 Like