Golden Age Classic - Dallas, TX (07/19/2020)

Now that this category is open to post in, let’s make this official and let the community thread return to being a community thread.

• Morning Round at Golf Club of Dallas: 7:30 A.M - 8:10 A.M. (5 foursomes) $39.99 ride/$26.00 walk
  • Lunch: Patio at Terry Black’s in Deep Ellum
  • Afternoon Round at Cedar Crest Golf Course: 2:36 P.M. - 3:36 P.M. (6 foursomes) $55.00 solo ride/$38.00 paired ride/$21.00 walk
  • Scoring Format: Team Match Play, more details to come on format. Zoom meeting Thursday night to choose teams and pairings. @DuckDuckHook and @mctrees02 are team captains.
  • NIT Qualification: Two Spots. One spot will be awarded based on 36 hole play (either net or handicapped quota), amongst those who go 2-0 in their matches. Another spot will likely go to best net or handicapped quota on a few designated risk/reward holes at Cedar Crest.

We will continue to update with more info.

8 Likes

Do we have a time that we’re looking at for the zoom meeting tomorrow night? I need to make sure my calendar (read dog has been taken out) is clear.

2 Likes

Aiming for 8:30 pm for the Zoom tomorrow, hopefully after most parenting duties are finished (except for my kids who stay up mega late, they’ll just get neglected).

2 Likes

Those mega late children can parent themselves. But I am in for the 8:30p call.

Also joking about children parenting themselves, everyone love your children please.

4 Likes

Yeah my 6yr old has been staying up past 11 the last few nights. We can’t give her enough trampoline time this week.

I’ll post the Zoom link here in a bit

1 Like

Wow we finally have our own thread! Love the ideas on qualification too guis

1 Like

Don’t know if I’ll be able to hop on the zoom call tonight, but looking forward to Sunday, never played GCD what should I be expecting?

Make sure to check your PM’s for link and password for tonight’s event.

GCD is, one of the last courses designed by Perry and Press Maxwell before Perry’s death. It’s been altered a bit over the years but still has a good set of Maxwell bones. Plenty of room off the tee and not overly long. It does a good job of using its rolling terrain (there’s about 70-80 feet of elevation change across the property) to run holes across the hills to make it play longer and the approach shots a bit more uncomfortable than the scorecard would indicate.

I have recent pics of the front nine par 3’s because the trees reminded me of the chute hole at Prairie Dunes.

3 Likes

Guis, just had one afternoon spot open up. Opening it here to The Refuge before @mctrees02 and I ask our buddies.

To add to what mctrees said, GCD was recently acquired and it looks like the new owners are pumping some money into it. They’re going through some tree removal and trimming right now, and also widening a handful of fairways (10 and 18 for sure). There’s also a clubhouse remodel on the horizon from what I’ve heard.

It has great bones and I’m super pumped to see what it turns into now that the course has some more financial support behind it.

2 Likes

These images have me praying for the one up tees.

2 Likes

I suspect we’ll play the one up tees.

1 Like

It’s been a few years since I’ve played GCD but enjoyed it when I did. Excited to hear they are making improvements and looking forward to seeing what changes they make.

Played Cedar Crest for the first time about a month ago. Course was in good shape and made for a fun round. Made a long birdie putt from the lower tier on 18 to cap the day. Always a good way to end a round.

See everyone Sunday.

3 Likes

All ready for my NLU Golf Field Trip!

4 Likes

Sir. It’s Thursday…

1 Like

Oh hell yes. Everyone start hydrating now.

Does beer have water in it?

Bourbon does :wink:

1 Like

I won’t be on tonight … ended up playing the Thursday game at GCD. Y’all have fun.

1 Like