Golden Age Classic 2.0 (Now taking votes for GAC 2.5 on post 343)

nicest hotel room I’ve ever had.

Folks, our logo is ready.

28 Likes

Can’t wait to see that on a hat or visor

2 Likes

We’re gonna try to get the online merch store setup through NLU if that works for our size event, if not, we will come back and do individual orders, with the idea of trying to peel some of that off to the charity

4 Likes

Happy to help here! Just signed up (wait listed) but excited to get involved.

1 Like

Should know in the next couple of days if I can play in this. Still working on selling it to the wife.

2 Likes

I’m currently selling the idea for my wife to come down with me, make a weekend out of it.
Since everyone is walking the early round, think the course would hook her up with a cart so she can drive around and heckle me?

1 Like

I don’t think that would be a problem. Our pricing includes carts so I would expect us only using 1-3 carts instead of 20 in the AM isn’t a bad thing.

I wonder if @duckhunter07 will need a cart for his film crew

1 Like

11th alternate baby, hell yeah.

Listen I’m not saying I’m rooting for it, but if we get a real Walker Cup situation and a bunch of you catch the shits, I might just be in business.

6 Likes

Is there going to be a deadline for people currently on the list to confirm whether they can do it or not?

I realize it is only May and being the 8th alternate chances are capital S Slim of it getting to me, but I think it could be helpful to have a set confirmation date. That way if we are left out of the field we don’t have to have a hold on that weekend.

But also I don’t know how things work around here, as this is my first post, so feel free to chase me out of the building with torches and pitchforks if this is a bad idea!

5 Likes

Our Pine Dunes trip might be on alternate like 15 now so I would say there is some hope for y’all.

1 Like

Look…we’ve never claimed to be the most organized shop in town (my wife can attest) so I’m not sure why anybody would expect us to start now.

That being said, you bring up a valid point and the committee will take it under consideration.

(Consideration given)

Unless @DuckDuckHook disagrees, I would say we put a June 1 deadline on the top 40 before working down the alternate list?

2 Likes

Yep, that sounds good.

June 1: if you haven’t already, confirm on the spreadsheet that you’re committed. Otherwise, we’ll start opening to alternates. By my count, we need the following to confirm they’re in

@nvaji12
@cgroom
@81Ralph33
@Mattyb10
@atxag2015
@McNutty (maybe confirmed out?)
@Haymart
Stuminator

July 1: Pay your $100 in full. We already have 10 folks paid up. Thanks.

Also, life happens, and with the amount of alternates, and people mostly local, we should be able to backfill if something comes up last minute. If you need more time to confirm or to pay for some reason, just shoot me a DM.

Will let y’all know about merch, charitable stuff, and Saturday night get together when we have that set up.

Also, if you want to donate anything for potential charity auction or raffle, send me a DM.

Cheers.

1 Like

I’ll let you know ASAP. Trying to figure out flights to go home to see the parents in PA around that time. Just gotta make sure I am back in Dallas on Friday.

2 Likes

All good, if you’ve got something like this you’re still figuring out and maybe even need some more time, just let us know.

Well, actually just talked to my travel agent (Mom) and my brother has his GF are visiting the week before and she’s off work. So looks like I’m in Dallas that weekend. So count me in. Will send payment shortly.

2 Likes

I’m confirmed out

1 Like

I think I may be out. Need to double check but this may fall on same weekend as Lakewood Cup (Ryder/President’s Cup event).

1 Like

I’m out. Couldn’t swing it with the wife to watch the baby all day with all the other trips that are booked.

2 Likes

I’m 100% in, will pay in the coming days

3 Likes