Get a Grip Podcast - Bacon and Homa (LOOK OUT IN THE TOWER!)

I like Shane. I like Max. I like golf. I like podcasts. Just not sure I need another golf podcast in my life but I will definitely give it a go on February 3 when it drops.

6 Likes

Will definitely check it out. However I kind of fell off The Clubhouse pod after a few episodes. Bacon is really good and Max is a funny dude so I am hoping it does well. I do agree with you that I am not sure I how can fit another podcast in with my current stable of shows.

3 Likes

Just don’t have the time for all of these shows. I can’t even stay on top of the NLU podcasts

9 Likes

Do we think this is real or is Max just parodying the new PGA Tour podcast?

I saw it on Bacon’s twitter feed, so I assume it’s legit. But I hope it’s something different, somehow. If it’s commentary on the news of the day, it’s going to be tough to stand out unless Max gives us some unfiltered behind the scenes stuff.

1 Like

I’ll be there for Max.

1 Like

Max, how we doing?

SHANE!

24 Likes

i hope its not a recap of the week as i already have 3 hours of podcasts recap the weekend to listen to every monday already. hopefully its something new and interesting as i like both of the guys.

1 Like

I’m down for “BACON!”

2 Likes

Until we learn it’s being financed by SoftBank.

1 Like

I think Max has said that his Jewish heritage makes him lean away from the “bacon” takes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

this feels like a new restaurant being opened by the guy who has your favorite restaurant a few blocks away so you probably get a lot more excited/hyped than you should be

I like Max. I will try it. But we really don’t need anymore podcasts. I mean at all, not just golf pods. All subjects are already fully saturated.

4 Likes

no problem with another podcast. but yeah i’m pretty stacked up as it is so the good thing is in order for me to add it to a regular listen - it better be damn good.

1 Like

Love the logo they came up with but like others my podcast slate is full.

1 Like

I got nothing but time, I hope this is a good one. The Clubhouse is hit or miss for me because it’s just Bacon and a guest. For whatever reason I like it better when there are multiple hosts.

I’m torn - Bacon has a world class voice though he’s not always quite as interesting as some other people in golf (I think he has more to lose so I get it)…and that preview episode, our boy Max sounded REAL stiff clearly reading his lines. Hopefully the actual pod is a lot more shooting from the hip and just two friends chatting…

2 Likes

This is a spot on take

They call it the year of prioritization for a reason

3 Likes

I am glad I’m not the only one. I appreciate Bacon’s love for golf, but I have never been thoroughly impressed by any of his content. That said, I love the idea of what this pod has the potential to be versus the lame ass PGA Tour watered down “Prince of Ponte of Vedra and Carson I have no idea why I’m here” podcast.

2 Likes