Geoguessr - "Golfing" Places Edition - NEW CHALLENGE AT POST #21

I have wasted many many hours playing Geoguessr instead of studying/working/paying attention to my family/etc…So why not share it with sickos here.

I’ve created a custom map challenge that will drop you on or near five golf courses in the United States. You’ll have to use context clues, signs, etc…to figure out where you are on the map. Once you think you have it, place the pin on the map closest to where you were originally dropped. The closer you are, the better. Much like our beloved game, lowest score wins.

Start the challenge here: https://www.geoguessr.com/challenge/anhJ9MKhDncfwp4m

Post screenshots of your score.

Share feedback on how it could be better. If it doesn’t suck, I’ll create more. I’d like to create one for international courses as well. Or sign up for a Pro account and create your own to share here.

11 Likes

YES! Love geoguessr. Trying it now

1 Like

Delete!!! Gives it away for others

I got COCKY on one…basically nailed the others

2 Likes

Oops

1 Like

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Oooo baby, we like that!! This was a fun way to ignore my screaming kids for 30 mins

2 Likes

This is a good sign. Definitely can go more difficult for the next one.

I’m not sure the rules so it’s possible I cheated without knowing. Are we allowed to use google maps to assist in identifying cross streets to hone in on the exact location?

1 Like

Only got 1 perfect score and that’s because my ball once landed pretty close to the camera location…

1 Like

This was way more fun than expected.

1 Like

no I don’t think you are allowed to use any external resources

2 Likes

Wet disappointed in myself for thinking one close to home Atlanta course was Wilmington muni :rofl:

1 Like

that was fun, only missed points on 1st & last one, for the last 2 my initial look & guess was correct

2 Likes

Not cool. I demand a rematch

1 Like

If someone has location ideas for a new one and you don’t want to pay for a Geoguessr Pro account, message me the lat/long from Google maps for at least five locations and I’ll set them up in a new challenge.

Ive never done this. Once I figured out I could move down the street I did much better. Lol

3 Likes

Haha… fair, but that was an honest question. Google maps is not allowed? I figured out the courses without google but, based on analysis of street signs (in the case of Chambers, which roundabout was I on) needed google. I’m happy to disqualify myself but hey I didn’t see anything in the rules.

PS - East Lake looks like a shitty muni from the street

2 Likes

Seems a little too easy with Google Maps assistance.

I typically go to the Tour Championship at East Lake every year. Definitely looks like a different type course from just outside the gates. It’s always mint at tournament time.

1 Like

This was just a test to see if this would be fun or not. I’ll post another one here soon.

1 Like