Future NLU Event Ideas (actually about tennis)

Those are so sick, what a great racket

1 Like

Ohhh I demo’d that Wilson for a few weeks in the summer during a poor spell of play. Such a beautiful racket.

Ugh, I love that racket. My coach was a volkl dealer, so I always got too good of a deal on the Beckers to think about going for anything else, but half of the kids I knew gamed that racket. Such a good look, too.

I brought mine in to get strung and some kids were working and had never seen one before. They were messing around with it and completely bewildered by the weighting and balance. They don’t make them like that anymore.

I’m kind of terrified of new rackets. I wouldn’t even know where to begin looking.

2 Likes

start with new york real estate

I played HS tennis and would love an adjacent tennis tourney within a golf tourney or something like that, that sounds great. My dad played in college and was never a golfer, so that is what he got my brother and I into before I was interested in golf. Would have loved to play competitive golf, but was not a bad tennis player (at the time). Mostly a doubles career though. Big, wild serve, loved to play the net, did not have the mental game for long ground-stroke rallies. Lol

1 Like

1 Like

You are describing my game to a tee. I’m a 4.0 and golf is the only thing I do right handed. I have a lefty serve that I try to follow into net any chance I get.

1 Like

100% the same.

I haven’t even touched a racket in 2 years, to be honest. I sunk so much effort, both physically and mentally, into playing in high school and I just kind of lost the will to play after. Had some D3 offers but didn’t want to go that route. Tried out for MSU club team with 150 other dudes and didn’t make it to 2nd cut even though I went 3-1 in tryouts…it was that competitive. Played some casually over the years but it just kind of faded away.

Maybe I should start again…

Lefty serves are the worst.

1 Like

What is the tennis equivalent of “No Laying Up”?

1 Like

You’re playing golf and you’re going to like it

4 Likes

“No Being a Pusher”

4 Likes

I wasn’t quite the same as you all. I played mainly singles, but didn’t push. Had a pretty decent serve and strong groundstrokes, but the net is scary.

Played a year at UW Whitewater but transferred and gave up the game for a while

1 Like

Okay, first of all, we are officially doubles partners at the NLU golf/tennis tournament. Book it and I like our chances. Second, I was always told I was just an athlete playing tennis, not a tennis player. I played a bit of singles late in HS and nothing was worse than some stellar 9th grader with amazing ground strokes and a nothing serve beating me 6-3, 6-3 because I tried to hit winners all day…

1 Like

No I get the lefty

1 Like

“Down the Line”…?

“Second serve ace”…?

“Crosscourt backhand winner”…?

1 Like

Damn, impressive! D2 tennis is no joke.

sigh D3