For When You Need a Laugh - Post some comedy to help cure what ails us

On a rough day, a good chuckle or smile can turn it all around… Come on by and post any funny stuff you come across (videos, jokes, gifs, stories, whatever) that you think could help brighten a fellow Refugee’s day.

I envision this being a place where we can find some new stuff we’d not heard of before, maybe show off some historic gems, and also could provide an escape for viewing when certain other threads that shall not be named go all dark and wonky. SCROLL, LAUGH AWAY, AND ENJOY!

I’ll start with the first 13 minutes in the below clip, good ol’ Robin Williams had me rolling and it was a nice little historical reflection as well.

@VenkmansLament’s post in another thread also always provides a little lift

7 Likes

Pimp Chronicles is one of my favorite stand ups of all time…i have seen it hundreds of times, yet still laugh at all of this shit

9 Likes

I’m a HUGE stand-up comedy gui. While he’s not my favorite comedian, or the funniest, I’ve always wished I could write jokes like Steven Wright.

7 Likes
9 Likes
4 Likes

I used to send this video to anybody who’d watch it. I know this isn’t exactly a spicy take, but in my opinion, Mulaney is the best active comedian and perhaps one of the greatest of all time.

3 Likes

I am crying, this is possibly a top 5 story of all time

1 Like

Agree 100%. Easily top 5 for me and probably higher.

1 Like

The forest fire bit… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Willie is a great joke teller.

1 Like

The only thing I love more than golf is stand-up but I will try not to flood this thread too much.

4 Likes

I love Robin Williams.

2 Likes

Andy Kaufman is the only comedian who’s left me completely awestruck. He was fearless, and I don’t think comedy looks like it does today without him.

4 Likes

Flood away! I can’t wait to catch up on all the stuff getting posted during commute and slow work moments. Laughter is nature’s medicine for most that ails, including coronavirus!

2 Likes

George Carlin - Napalm and Silly Puddy

1 Like

from the GOAT movie, of course

1 Like

“Oh, we’re gonna do sandwich secrets!?”

1 Like

I was talking with @Randy about this in Cincinnati. There’s a documentary on Netflix called Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond about the making of the 1999 movie Man on the Moon about Andy Kaufman. It might genuinely be better than the original movie, Carrey talks at length about spiritualism, method acting, character, losing yourself, and many other topics, finding value and meaning in life, how and why he is who he is.

I think I’ve seen it, at this point, five or six times, and it’s shaped the way I view just about everything. Lots of laughter and tears alike. Would highly recommend.

9 Likes

I’ve actually been meaning to watch that. I think i’ll cue it up tonight

1 Like

It’s really, really heavy, but, it’s a must-watch. My first go-through, I watched the doc, watched the movie, and then watched the doc again. (And watched a metric ton of Andy Kaufman since then.) It’s insanely good.

Genuinely looking forward to engaging with you about it after you watch it.

2 Likes