Epic Scottish Golf Trip - interested?

First post here, bit of long one - but if you are interested in playing some of the best courses in Scotland, all organised this year. please read on!

We are a golf obsessed group of 8 and each year meticulously plan an epic trip in GB & I to play as many hard and fast courses as we can in 5 days. For the past 4 years, we’ve ticked off a bucket list of great courses all over Scotland and Ireland - many of which were recommended through Tourist Sauce.

This year we find ourselves in a golfing conundrum. We have booked 10 courses across 5 days in East Lothian (listed below).

Accommodation is booked, car hire taken care, dinners pre planned and tour comps organised. However, the back drop of quarantine and work commitments has left us 3 short, stumbling towards the dreaded 5 ball…

To put it frankly, our we are very much in danger of ‘laying up’ in the biggest way possible without some help from this community.

golf has been a bit cr@p this year in the UK, with lots of stopping and starting - so we all deserve a good knees up.

We are booked at the excellent Ducks Inn (featured on the NLU trip) with Malcolm and Fiona, with a feast of golf featuring:

Kilspindie, North Berwick, Muirfield, Archerfield, Renaissance, Luffness New, Dunbar, Gullane 1&2 and Longniddry.

Excitingly, this a couple of weeks after the Scottish Open, so conditions should be really tough.

We are a happy bunch playing off 2-15 (everyone can play to any of those handicaps at any time) - no allergies or weird habits to speak of. Love a beer at lunch and then a few Guinness after. There’s generally a bucket load of craic, some strong but largely mediocre golf, impromptu pilates to deal with 36 hole day, everyday and many happy memories made.

We have a couple of irons in the fire, but would love to get these places to brilliant people who would relish a run at these incredible courses.

Dates are [21st July (afternoon) tee @ Kilspindie

26th July morning at Muirfield, followed by their excellent lunch) and potentially a foursomes 11th round in the afternoon for those who still feel a little hungry.

Costs are circa £1900 (excluding flights and 2 dinners, plus beers lunches etc) c.$2700 for our US compatriots.

Who’s in?!

11 Likes

This is awesome. I can’t do it, but someone jump on this!

1 Like

Sounds amazing and thanks for posting. Gotta imagine some folks here will bite, but I can’t do it myself

1 Like

This would be a dream but as of right now I don’t think Americans can even get to Scotland.

2 Likes

I’m in for next year.

2 Likes

This sounds incredible.

1 Like

I’ll definitely be growing this from now on!!! Thanks for your interest - spread the word.

Think US have to quarantine here for a few days before… 5 days I think with a PCR test.

Add me to the interested but not this year camp.

watch your profanity

2 Likes

UK still requires tests beforehand and on days 2, 5 and 8. Test to Release aswell.

1 Like

What an itinerary. I live in Edinburgh (member at Leven Links in Fife) and would be happy to make up any of your rounds to avoid the dreaded 5 ball!

1 Like

@Irish_Paddy is this a request to join all the golf?! You’re more than welcome.

What are the dates of this event?

1 Like

21st-26th July!

First round Wednesday afternoon, last round Monday morning.