Election Debate

Open question: what are we thinking as the best way to conduct debates, giving as many refugees as possible the best chance to hear from the candidates and make up their minda?

I thought we already decided it would be a horse race?

4 Likes

Hey there, Other Guy. Did you happen to read @Randy’s post? You will submit your final written platform. The Killhouse will choose the candidates from among the most thoughtful platforms. Then there will be a general election process.

If you make the general, you can worry about debates.

2 Likes

What about a reddit-style AMA? Scheduled in advance at a set time for each candidate. And no other candidates can participate in the thread during that particular hour.

It’s not exactly a “debate” per se, but perhaps it could be a good initial introduction to each candidate’s platform.

Then later a debate could take place. The hardest part for a debate is letting candidates discuss issues without being overwhelmed by the “crowd” who also wants to comment. Maybe a debate thread where non-candidates can only “like” and can’t comment? Just thinking out loud here.

4 Likes

Honestly, there have been some heated debates already. The message board is a perfect platform for having live debate that will exist for others to read in the future.

I would also say, it sounds like the guis are going to pick our primary winners out of the hat at some point and a formal debate thread before a narrowing of the field sounds like a nightmare.

1 Like

I thought I was other guy?

1 Like

You were never Other Guy. Your candidacy has not been recognized by my organization.

3 Likes

Ouch, torched.

@I_have_the_yips Have you decided whether or not you will play Who Wants to Be A Millionaire sometime?

3 Likes

We’ll see who the other guy is when the votes are cast.You must feel threatened for the refuge establishment if you’re resorting to bullying new candidates already. #DrainThePomp(ous)

I will play someday, messaged Laz, got a lot going on professionally right now, random calls at all hours. We’ve got a plan to get it on the books at some point.

3 Likes

We like that!

2 Likes

But I thought your candidacy wasn’t an actual candidacy…

@Klondyke1892 have to appreciate your hustle here and wanting to #getinvolved, we like that.

I would agree with @desertduffer, until we hear otherwise, Randy’s post is the Bible.

Final party platforms due 5/19, exactly how that is done, is not super clear. Going to say, as we stand, no debates are scheduled. Good luck!

2 Likes

Let’s just agree now that candidates who have not made at least the semi final stage of WWTBAM are disqualified. Clearly your commitment and obscure golf knowledge are not up to the task at hand.

Glad we got that sorted.

3 Likes

Uh, i think we should go by Making the Band finalists…

3 Likes

I thought we were having a series of duels?

1 Like

Musicality in politicians has no track record worthy of scrutiny.

Clinton’s jazz sax.

Nero’s fiddling.

Gerald Ford played the triangle. Probably.

With live bullets or of the golf variety?

Live bullets were ruled out. I kinda think tasers would be sick. Golf variety filmed as a WWOG would be fun as well.

2 Likes