Duel to the Death: The Strong Like Stella “Sorry, Nandy” Cincinnati Open 2.0

After the original thread gets shuttered after 10,000 posts (we did it guise)

Let’s start fresh!

11 Likes

sick!

4 Likes

3 Likes

@Rmbship can you say more about this weird meat re-gifting tradition?

Over under how many topics DIITD will have to span due to hitting the 10k limit. On pace for 18 but it has to slow down eventually.

We are 6 months out too…

1 Like

Since I’m already out of hearts today, and @aannddyy00’s hearts triggered too many guise the other day, I’m just going to have to comment.

I put the O/U at 8.5

Omaha Steaks sells large boxes of overpriced frozen meats that you can send to someone’s house as a gift at Christmas time. Usually when you receive one, you divvy them out to your friends at Christmas parties because the box takes up half of your freezer and you don’t want to mess with them anymore. They are portioned out so that there are like 2 steaks, 4 chicken breasts, 8 pork chops, and 10 smoked sausages. So only the best friends receive the steaks (which are good), while everyone else receives all the extras (which are not as good as your local grocer would carry)

2 Likes

I like to think of the conversations in the Killhouse when the Refuge was getting started:
@McSchvantz: “So, what do you guys want to set as the comment limit on threads?”
@Tron: “I don’t know, like 5000? I can’t imagine any one conversation going that long.”
@Soly: “Eh, maybe 10,000 in case of an event like the Ryder Cup? No way we’d ever need more than that.”

If they only knew.

9 Likes

the apple tarlets were fire

i legit think i still have two 1/4 hams in my freezer…i need to look tonight haha

2 Likes

Omaha Steaks are the perfect “What are we getting your uncle who we see once every other year but who sends our son an expensive birthday present” gift.

2 Likes

The only time I bought a box for myself was on a crazy father’s day deal. They were good quality but I want thicc steaks and the ones from OS are pretty thing.

2 Likes

Bit of warning re: Omaha Steaks. If you order one time, their marketing/sales team will hunt you to the ends of the Earth in attempt to get you to place another order.

They’re relentless.

9 Likes

Pro tip: use omahasteaksburner @ gmail dot com to order

4 Likes

And if they ask for a phone number, just use one of the 49 other numbers in the Cincinnati WhatsApp.

9 Likes

For posterity’s stake… Did it from memory @Flopasaurus

2 Likes

Thats great but we all want to see the scorecard for the 35!

i.e. your car warranty is about to expire