Maxamania, Rackham GC (Detroit, MI) May 22, 2021

I sadly need to brush up on the old-school era… :persevere:

I watched WWE all through high-school when my buddies had “study-club” monday nights to watch MNF, but ended up watching more RAW than football. Lol

1 Like

Two were nominated for you and @ChickPhilA above. You can pick one of those.

I should also mention that my dedication to the Attitude Era was greatly shaped by being 5th row WHERE THEY EXITED THE RING AND FOUGHT on this night so many years ago:

I honestly can’t remember much, but I do remember not believing how big they both were. And that I got about 6 feet away from The Great One.

4 Likes

It means nothing, that’s the beauty… 1000ish comments about absolutely nothing

We’ve become a Seinfeld parody

6 Likes

@anon26814599 - care to summarize halfway through posts 2,000-2,500?

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/nrnn-nandys-refuge-news-network/14012

2 Likes

download

2 Likes

You’re assuming that we have other, non-modern wrestling knowledge. I know nothing about it modern, non-modern, or ancient. Impoverished childhood, I suppose. I expect that by the time we are done I’ll learn volumes about it.

The Refuge:
Come for the golf.
Stay for all the other shit that goes down.

2 Likes

None of it means anything - this is up there as the dumbest we’ve become (not a bad thing). I would assume you would be Trish

And @ChickPhilA would be Lita (she’s the punk rock girl - Trish is more the workout girl)

1 Like

Alright a very quick first pass at who is who:

and a list of (potential) notable omissions:

Please reply to this with any corrections. I also see that two people are the Miz right now, honestly I see no reason why either should change. It was a miscommunication, and could honestly serve as a great storyline.

Finally I would put it in a google doc, but I can’t at work :frowning:

3 Likes

There’s a great bit to be had here where someone decides to be Milo of Croton, wins their match 10&8, and then trips on the way to pick up their ball.

2 Likes

pretty positive Sting was taken quickly…blonde sting anyways

yup, @tchap80

1 Like

@ajtwenty1 is Brock Lesnar

1 Like

yikes - that actually makes sense! Trish is also Canadian so the only way to go.

4 Likes

Milo of Croton? He of the “I’ll just lift this newborn calf every day until it grows up to be a bull” story?

I guess I DO know a bit of ancient wrestling.

TwoCents regrets the oversight.

@Eric_Denver walking to the first tee:
https://gph.is/g/aKN52nl

1 Like

Is the Heartbreak Kid on the board?

@TwoCents I know how I voted. How could you not go with this

1 Like

As someone who has been relegated to half-lurker by life and child and work, I will take up the advocacy for my fellow half-lurks…

A lurker should be Sting. His entire season lurking in the rafters demands it. I feel very strongly about this.

5 Likes

I have HHH

1 Like