Double The Nuance, Double The Fun - aannddyy00 for President 22002200

I’m also a big proponent of allowing people to speak for themselves.

1 Like

You’re really making it hard to stay true to my “don’t vote for anyone who nominated themself” belief. I think the biggest issue of the Refuge is selfish behavior and it seems like you get that. Damn you and your good thoughts.

2 Likes

This wasn’t in doubt.

What will your policy be regarding non-members of TBC attempting to take official stances on behalf of the club?

2 Likes

Free speech shall not be punished.

“Yeah but Republicans buy shoes too.”

2 Likes

So in the election 2.0 ((this is election 3.0) first there was The Divine Appointment)). I was staunchly against @aannddyy00.

I backed juhboars for reasons unclear and did subcontract work for @jimithng23.

I fought the incumbent. However recent events I feel are “re-aligning the base” so to speak.

Did President @aannddyy00 orchestrate the “new blood rif” in order to re draw party lines? Surely @anon26814599 had to be privy. Nay. Complicit.

1 Like

If redrawing party lines includes attempting to redirect the direction of the refuge back towards an intent for fun, thoughtful, irreverent, respectful, conversation on golf, food, music, parenthood, homeownership, etc? Then yes.

All those here to take refuge from daily grievances, talk about golf in all kinds of ways, support fellow NLU supporters, and fuck around from time to time, I’m your guy.

8 Likes

As an OG team reasonable member, you have my support.

2 Likes

What can you offer as far as deliverables in the form of old refugees who have lost interest in the Refuge and stick to certain group chats and text chains? Going to need to name names on who you might bring back to the table.

1 Like

I’m not naming names.

This is up for debate as to whether these off refuge conversations are the reason for, or a symptom of an overall change in the tone of the refuge.

2 Likes

does this include @Kelch or @jaygrizzle

3 Likes

If you do earn an NLU nomination, I challenge you to develop a plan that will create a community environment that will inclusively bring together members without it being driven by the whims of a vocal minority. It’s a tough challenge (some say impossible) that you may not even feel is needed. But if you succeeded you cement yourself into the Refuge legacy.

2 Likes

Well one might argue that fleeing for greener pastures and leaving the rest of the refuge to fend for themselves has been an overall detriment to this place as a whole and no one seems to have any actual suggestions for what needs to change other than “This place sucks now” and other cheap talk and campaign stump speeches.

2 Likes

You looking to run? THIS is what I’m looking for too

1 Like

I’m not deep in the outside of the Refuge communications and haven’t attended an event yet but is this true? This is kind of weak sauce.

is it? people change, maybe they find their groups and are satisfied. check out an event, that changes things

I don’t know if weak sauce is the right term. Everyone chooses how and where they spend their time and I won’t begrudge anyone that.
But I think it is pretty common knowledge that after a certain event a pretty large chunk of regular posters that made this place VERY much more enjoyable as a whole have all but disappeared for various unnamed vague reasons.
I selfishly wish they were frequent posters here again and not elsewhere, hence my tongue in cheek suggestion that @aannddyy00 may be able to deliver some of said users back to the fold.

I mean it’s perfectly fine to do whatever one wants and makes them happy. Just seems strange to say hey this place sucks and bounce. I don’t know I don’t get the wrapped up in that sort of thing. If something triggers me I try to ignore it or log off. I guess that’s essentially what some have done? I don’t know. I’m talking myself in circles.

I don’t see how attending an event or meeting up with fellow Refugee’s would make me want to spend less time posting on here? There’s probably a lot I’m missing.

3 Likes

I think part of it has to do with the sheer size of the refuge.

Personally, prior to the Stella weekend, I rarely had unread threads. Currently I’m well north of 400, and it doesn’t seem like my habits here have changed that much. Maybe it’s an influx of new posters, and a more difficult time experiencing the close knit vibe that was the refuge a year ago. Maybe these are growing pains necessary for NLU to expand their brand. Who knows.

6 Likes