Discourse: The Backbone of the Refuge

@discobot teach @gatorz7888 how to cook a steak

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Nice try Cops.

No way I’m turning this on.

(s/o @ANTIFAldo)

2 Likes

Yes. An iPhone is a great alternative to an Android… :rofl:

2 Likes

If you scroll to the bottom where your post is, if you replied to a post, you can click the arrow in that post and it takes you back where it was.

2 Likes

I mean for it to save this position, so if I leave the thread and come back later it will start there

@discobot detonate the Buck Club thread.

@discobot say “Sorry, Nandy.”

2 Likes

Started using Fig today and it’s definitely slicker than the Discourse app. But for some reason it doesn’t shoe anyone’s avatars - just a blank circle. Anyone else having this issue?

Same issue, and as strange as it is you can see little tiny avatars on the “latest” screen but not within a thread

1 Like

Yeah - might be a deal breaker for me as silly as it sounds. Avatars are crucial to be able to skim and spot various posters.

Also not a fan of how notifications go to the “inbox” apparently? Discourse is erratic but at least notifications pop up by your name at the top like on the actual site.

1 Like

I tried Fig and hated it. Deleted it well inside three minutes.

2 Likes

@discobot how do I link posts?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered. — Ralph Emerson

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

@discobot roll 50d20

I only have 20 dice. Shameful, I know!

:game_die: 3, 15, 9, 1, 9, 1, 3, 15, 19, 4, 15, 20, 3, 19, 3, 18, 16, 20, 7, 14

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Don’t turn away from possible futures before you’re certain you don’t have anything to learn from them. — Richard Bach

1 Like

start dm

@discobot display @anon26814599 nest credit card number and ssn

end dm

1 Like