Courses you want to knock out in 2019

Sweetens
Camargo
Scioto
Inverness -played here ten years ago and want to see the redesign.
Columbus CC - same with Inverness

Might need to get that Sand Valley trip planned, it is a hard sell to most of my golf buddies as well.

That’s a great idea, I’d ideally like to go in late April or early May when the rates are roughly half off.

Just a warning that they had some temp greens in when I was there in early June this year since last winter was so rough. Mammoth was fully open, but Sand Valley was still getting up to speed for the year.

I liked the Bridge. Would love to see it again. Didn’t move me on a visceral level but certainly fun. Really different vibe to many of the other top notch courses on Long Island, with that super modern clubhouse. Did not play par 3.

IMG_0742

IMG_0750 IMG_0754

I’d be game for then as well. Lets stay in touch on the idea.

Olde Stonewall is a lot of fun. I don’t know HOW they get the giant stones where they did on the back 9, you’ll know what I’m talking about when you see it.

If you can’t get on Oakmont, and who can, Latrobe is wonderful, you have to stay at the Latrobe Marriott to gain access to the tee sheet or rent a house that the course owns for the ‘member for your stay’ experience. Living in the area you may not want to rent something so close to home, convince some out of town buddies to do it! My buddies and I live in Buffalo and 2019 will be the 3rd annual trip there.

The Richard Prince hanging in the clubhouse is pretty splendid, too, huh? :wink:

I’m hoping to play some courses in these areas on trips this year:

• St. Simons Island
  • Chicago area courses
  • Wisconsin courses - (Sand Valley, Lawsonia and Madison area are places I’m looking at)

Streamsong out. Confirmed for PGA National.

I’m a SE Michigan resident and Arcadia Bluffs South is definitely on my list for this year. I’ve had an annual trip to Forest Dunes the last 5 years and love The Loop. Soatin Brae is definitely worth playing as well. I didn’t love the front 9 but thought the back was outstanding.

My list kind of hinges on how I use vacation time this year but hoping to knock out at least 3 of these:

Arcadia Bluffs South
Torrey Pines South
Harbor Town
Bulls Bay
Quail Hallow

Sweetens would definitely be the top of my list but my friends aren’t really woke on it and it’s hard to sell my girlfriend on a golf trip to Chattanooga.

Hi, out of curiosity… how much is PGA National to play? Is it easy to book a tee time?

Staying on property our group ended up with 2 nights, 3 rounds for about $1000 a head x 4.

Cheers for the reply :+1:t2:

Will Play:
Sand Hills, Mammoth Dunes and Sandbox
Erin Hills
Whistling Straits and Irish
Blackwolf Run River and Meadow Valley
The Patriot
Southern Hills
Karsten Creek
Escondido

At least somewhat realistically hope to play
BlueJack National
Cabot Cliffs and Links
Trinity Forest
Spanish Oaks
Austin Country Club
Bethpage Black
Chicago Golf Club
Cherry Hills
Prairie Dunes

Went to the Match Play at ACC once and immediately wanted to play. Apparently, it’s really exclusive and (I quote Soly) “you have to schnooze a member to get on.” I know a few, but I would feel like a dirtbag asking them. Yes, I know I’m late.

Plan to play for first time:
Winged Foot West
Bayonne
Caledonia (south carolina)
True Blue (south carolina)
Heritage (south carolina)
Wild Dunes Links and Harbor (south carolina)
Spanish Bay (Pebble Beach) *can’t get on pebble because will be there 1 week before US Open…
Briggs Ranch (san antonio)
La Cantera Palmer Course (san antonio)
Philly Cricket Club
Indian Creek (Miami)

Briggs Ranch your only Dormie Network visit of the year? Or have you already made it to Dormie, Vic National, Ballyhack etc?

So I belong to a NJ club which is joining the network this month (deal has been in the making for a while, but don’t think it is a big secret anymore, announcement supposed to be coming in the next couple of weeks…). Was going to San Antonio with friends anyway to hang out and play golf, so taking advantage of the network and hitting up BR.

Only other DM course I’ve played (apart from my home club of course) is Dormie, but that was 3 years ago, which I believe was prior to Dormie Network being established.

Are you a member?

I’m excited about the access to all these other clubs and the improvements they could make at my home club.

I thought i remembered you belonged to that NJ club so that is why i was wondering if you had been to any of the others. I’m not a member of the DN but I’ve looked into very seriously as it is just getting better and better.