Courses you want to knock out in 2018

Pretty cool to play it in U.S. Open conditions then…

Favorite courses I have played so far this year ranked in order of most enjoyable.

Mammoth Dunes - the scale, the condition for only being fully open for a month, caddie, resort vibes. Just an incredible experience. Plus being even through the first 8 with two birdies further amped this…we won’t talk about what happened on #9.
The Ocean Course - got to play this one with my dad and brother. Expensive but I would say worth it to play once. Wind was no joke and purest rolling greens I have played.
Sand Valley - probably favorite from an architectural standpoint, but it was our second 18 in 110 heat index weather with 20 mph winds. Shot a 93 and it felt like a 73.
Arcadia Bluffs - amazing scenery and iconic holes. A bit tricked out and greens were so firm that it felt impossible to stop the ball at times. Round also took 5+ hours.
Lawonsia Links - awesome golden age architecture and the green complexes were outrageously excellent. Can’t wait to play here again.

Bethpage Black I’m going to a wedding in Sept and will take the train out there the next morning… any NY NLU fans are welcome to join me (09/23).

Anything around Pinehurst My in-laws bought a condo in Charlotte to be near my 1 month old neice… Need to make some day trips when we visit.

Sweetens Cove Hey, it’s only 5.5-6 hours in the other direction from Charlotte…

Pebble Beach

Northwoods

TPC Harding Park

Heading out to Northern California for work next week and knocking out Pebble and Pasatiempo next Thursday. Second time playing Pebble but first at Pasatiempo. Also have Pinehurst #2 under the belt this year, and looking into a Kohler trip to check off Whistling Straits in September.

Skip Kohler and head to Sand Valley. Hit Lawsonia on your way there or way back.

I’d really like to tee it at Pine Valley or Wannamoosett this summer.

Eastern Canada swing

Cabot Links NS (CB)
Cabot Cliffs NS (CB)
Highlands links NS (CB)
Humber Valley NL
Mill River PEI

Just booked my tickets to Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes.

Done so far in 2018:
LuLu CC - Ross in Philly - Public now go play
JC Melrose - Mackenzie/Maxwell in Philly - Public now please go play both
Sweetens Cove - Best 9 hole course I’ve ever played. That includes playing Whitinsville in Mass last fall. Sweetens might be too good.
Sewanne - Gil Hanse Resto
Black Creek - Brian Silva - Place is SO pure.

Upcoming 2018:
Bethpage Black
Belmont - Tilly in VA
Pinehurst #2, #4, Cradle
Bulle Rock - Dye in MD
Independence GC - Fazio in VA

Thinking the same thing - early week golfing, then a couple days at The Open

Just locked in a tee time for Erin Hills in September as well.

Just knocked out Moraine CC this weekend. @thefriedegg and ZB were right. The place is special. I played with a friend who used to compete in high school tournaments there before their redesign. He was blown away by how they opened the land.

Couple more from my round.

Every photo of this place speaks to me. I hope to get on someday. Thanks for posting.

Moraine is so pure, I really hope to get that chance.

Moraine really is special. How they use the land is something else. I was very lucky to get out there (no pull there, unfortunately, or I’d for sure share access to the place. It’s a national treasure.).

Been a productive year so far. Played some great courses and some that aren’t the best. But I’ve had fun. Still hoping for a few more though.

So far for new courses I’ve played,

1. Arizona - Grayhawk (Talon), Southern Dunes, Troon North (Monument & Pinnacle), We-Ko-Pa (Cholla & Saguaro)
  2. California - Lake Merced, San Francisco
  3. Maryland - Bulle Rock, Baltimore (Five Farms East)
  4. Massachusetts - Old Sandwich
  5. Mississippi - Mossy Oak, Old Waverly
  6. Pennsylvania - Nemacolin Woodlands (Mystic Rock)
  7. Tennessee - TPC Southwind
  8. Virginia - Kingsmill (River), Homestead (Cascades)

There’s been a lot of variety there. Best of that bunch has been SFGC and Old Sandwich for sure.

How’d you get on Olde Sandwich and do they want to take me out for a round?

anxiously waiting your Southwind review

Can’t tell if this is sarcasm :joy: